Calling all Canadians....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia58

I have a Canadian friend who has developed what sounds like it could be A-fib. She recently moved and is in need of a GP and most likely a cardio. She's in Alberta, Calgary Health Region, in the High River area. Anybody got a recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

Marcia

Marcia,
I don't have any suggestions, our VR member, MissMelis came to mind. I understand she lives in Calgary ;however, she hasn't been on VR lately. It might be worth a try to PM her.

Calgary is still a boom town and seems to have less delay in finding a GP as opposed to some other areas. She may be able to call a local health clinic or hospital and see if they have any docs accepting new patients immediately.

Since we moved to "primary care networks" (PCN), it is much more difficult to choose a doctor. For example, I have tried numerous times to have my wife see my GP, but his load is full and they keep trying to pass her over to a doctor that is new to their particular PCN. It's like filling an ice cube tray. Once one is full, it spills over to the next one.

Prior to the govt. instilling this system, it was much easier to have a GP of your choosing.
Kev

Back