Book recommendations

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Justin's person - Don ! With a wife and cats you'll be well looked after. I remember feeling jealous of a fellow valver on this forum who had kittens snuggling up to her post surgery …wonderful. I would have loved to have a cat, or cats, post surgery… I do have a husband who looked after me very well !

Justincwp;n844760 said:
I should do something about the profile. Justin is my cat (cwp: I have a cats with paralysis group. I'm Don, 69 West Michigan. I just figured out how to reply. (it was below the screen)
I have a wife and my bed partner cats. Thanks for the replies. (we were a cat rescue at one time. ended up with the rejects no one wanted)

I sleep with my cats. At least some of them. I have two paralysis cats. I looked for how to do a profile but haven't found it yet. Like most people I'm usually cautious in most new groups. I went for pre surgery stuff today. In there speal they said no animals in bed the night before. I went "gasp". My bed partner is a paralysis cat. We did cat rescue at one time. We ended up with the rejects mostly. I'm animal friendly. Maybe too much. If a cow is keeping me alive I'm considering sponsering one at Farm Sancutary. It's been good reading responses. :) Thanks

Justincwp;n844887 said:
I went for pre surgery stuff today. In there speal they said no animals in bed the night before. I went "gasp". My bed partner is a paralysis cat.
Hi Don - they are very careful about infection being introduced to the heart during cardiac surgery because of the risk of endocarditis - you'll probably be instructed to wash in a surgical disinfectant soap, which will be given to you, the day before and on the day of surgery so that all of your skin is bacteria free as possible. Can Justin sleep with your wife - I mean he won't have you as his bed partner while you are in hospital. I know cats get very attached to their people.

I can manage. Justin sleeps beside the bed. Silv (12yrs. old paralyzed 10 yrs) Sleeps with me. Both need to be expressed and Justin needs a poop dig out. And some cats filter in and out for a while. I'll spend the night in the empty kids room. (grew up moved out got married now an extra room) This is small talk. (hope it's legal) I've had an online cats with paralysis group for 10+ years. Some of my old group went to facebook and started a FB CWP Group. I stayed (stuck in the mud 'so to speak' ) with my old cwp group. A big part of going through the surgery is my cats. No one else would want them.

Back