Blood Pressure Medication

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwsp768

Had to call the surgeon earlier, as my feet have been cold and last night my blood pressure dropped to 92/65. Prior to surgery I was taking 25 mg. of blood pressure medication, however afterwards they increased it to 50mg. Doctor called back and said to drop back to 25mg and see if that helps. Anyone had the same problem after surgery. Oh yea last year they had upped my blood pressure meds to 100mg and after cartoid surgery, they lost it as I went to 60/50, got to go to ICU till they got it back. Again it was brought on by to high a bp meds.

I was on blood pressure meds prior to surgery. Once I had my surgery, they stoped them. My blood pressure was also really low following surgery, 90/60 ish. It went up on its own in time to about 105/60. But, no blood pressure meds anymore. I havent had any since surgery.

Why do they still have you on them? If your blood pressure is low, is it nessesary to also be on meds for it?

8-9 year history of High blood pressure... After my AVR and Cabg...my blood pressure was normal. I did quit smoking 3 days before my surgery immediately following my heart attack...Doh! I think that has had something to do with the drop.They did put me on Plavix...and Lipitor. Not sure if either of those had any effect. I had been on 40mg Benicar 20mg Sular before surgery. Last wednesday, I checked my blood pressure and it was 135/90. I took the BP meds and started feeling light headed and dizzy a bit later....checked my BP and it had dropped to 80/54 Yikes....Called Cardiogists office. They said to just monitor it and if it dropped any lower to go to the emergency room. No one could tell me why my pressure dropped after the surgery.

Latest posts

Back