between the data points

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi! As some of you may recall, I have to adjust my InRatio2 readings in order to get accurate lab-equivalent values. The formula I use is:

Predicted_Lab_Value = InRatio2_Value^X + Y. For me X=0.75 and Y=0.25 based on about 20 side-by-side tests (within an hour of each other, with no food in-between). I have corroborated this against two draws from different labs (using different reagents with different sensitivity) on the same day to make sure it wasn't just a funky lab issue - the lab results were within 0.1 of each other every time. Also, I compared my InRatio2 results side-by-side with another InRatio2 (in case I had a lemon) and a CoaguChek. All home test devices gave me the same INR values as each other. So for me, the formula converts properly for both home monitor brands. Or put another way, both brands deviate from the lab values in the same way for me.

Others on this site who take side-by-side values (home/lab) periodically have shared their data with me. If anyone on this thread or reading this thread is inclined to do the same, I'd be happy to apply my formula and figure out X and Y values for you and then show what your predicted lab values would have been. I think for some people, lab values and InRatio values tend to be close to each other and for other people not so much. I don't know what accounts for this, but I do know that based on my experiences I would recommend anyone starting on a home monitor to get at least 5 side-by-side tests to see which category you fall into.

Anyway, the reason I popped onto the site today is because someone here once posted (or sent me a link to) a spreadsheet that would predict INR values over the course of several days after a dosing change. I can't seem to find that spreadsheet and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. It turns out my INR recently spiked and I'm trying to anticipate the consequences to my INR if I follow my nurse's advice to skip a dose tonight.

Thanks and best to all of you!

I've seen some formulas for comparing InRatio to lab (these may have been YOUR formulas). My CoaguChek XS and InRatio 2 were sometimes close to each other, but often way above the lab values. My Coag-Sense is usually just slightly below the labs. (Perhaps I should work on a formula that works for me).

As far as your INR spiking -- how high did it spike? If it's below 4.5 or so, I wouldn't miss a dose -- I'd probably take 1/2 dose and watch it for a few days. (It's a known issue on many meters that the higher your actual INR is, the larger the difference between the actual INR and the meter. In my experience, a 4.0 at the lab may have been in the high 5s on a meter. If you're basing your 'spike' on a meter, you may want to get a blood draw to confirm this rather than skipping a dose.)

Latest posts

Back