Better Every Day

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StretchL

Miami, FL. I'm not really sure what country this
Greetings, all! Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I'm doing really well. Noni and I went out to dinner this evening, and although I get weary easily, I think I'm doing quite well. Breathing is good, no pain except for soreness around the right rib cage toward my back, and that's well relieved by Tylenol.

Spoke with Chad, my friend who photographed the surgery, and he had some great stories to tell. He's sending a disk in the next few days, and I'll put a gallery up.

Went to visit my PCP on Friday and she was amazed to listen to my chest and *not* hear a murmur! Cool!

Feeling like I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things. More soon...

Happy Holly Daze!

So glad to hear from you, Stretch. Out to dinner- that's good- a lot of people don't have their appetite back so soon! Take it easy, rest and walk and we wish you the best of Holidays and a very Healthy and Happy New Year!

It's great to see that you are doing well and that you were able to go out to dinner.:D I am really looking forward to seeing the pictures your friend took during the surgery!

I'm glad that to hear that you are doing so well, but make sure you take it easy. I found that I had some days that I felt I could conquerthe world andt then I paid the consequences. So remember to rest frequently and don't over do yourself

Stretch,

Thank you for the update. So glad to hear you're improving everyday. Don't overdo. Remember, you'll have some good days and some not-so-good days. Don't let the not-so-good get you down. It is just part of the process, up and down you know.

I noticed a significant change in how I felt once I came off the steriods. I now actually feel like I had surgery and have had a couple of significantly slower days (i.e. much more sleeping and not near as much energy) since the steroids ended.

Don't know if you're on roids or not but if so, just be aware that when they end you are likely to "feel" a setback.

Congrats to both you and Noni on making it to the other side of the mountain.

David

davidfortune said:
Don't know if you're on roids or not but if so, just be aware that when they end you are likely to "feel" a setback.

*nods*

You certainly do. Heh ... in my case, I felt the additional symptom while on steroids of mucho eating ... and weird cravings. I started eating "normally" again after I stopped taking the steroids....

Stretch,

Good to see you posting :). Thoughts/prayers for continued good recovery!

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"But those days are gone" ... Anne Murray ... 'Time Don't Run Out On Me'

Stretch,

So good to see the old Stretch - minus the murmur - back! You sound great! I wish you continued smooth sailing as you recover.

Merry Christmas to you and Noni!

Susie

Thank you for this Christmas present, Stretch, of knowing you're doing well.

Here's my wish that you and Noni fully enjoy this season and the start of your new life.

Best wishes,

So good to hear from you, now you have a wonderful, low-key Christmas!!:)

Latest posts

Back