Attack of the 50-foot needle!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my goodness, reading about all your experiences with them made me feel actually LUCKY I'm paralyzed. I've had 5 of them and never had one bit of pain. Mostly am just amused that all the nurses have to gather and watch and go "oooh" and "aaah" and are amazed i don't feel any pain from them. Well, i don't feel much of anything past a couple inches below my neck so, of course, i won't feel anything. Sometimes paralysis is wonderful :eek:)))!!

Seriously though, i'm sorry to hear all you went through. I hope you feel much better soon!!

Dawn-Marie

I feel humbled.

When you spoke of how the doctors reacted when you got woozy, how
they seemed unsure of themselves or frightened; I think that is the worst thing for a patient to go thru, especially if you think that what ever is happening could be threatening-you dont want 2 doctors who also look scared.

I imagined the doc thinking, "I thought I became a radiologist so I didn't HAVE to handle patients. Shouldn't I be interpreting x-rays or something?"

I'll bet the next time this guy taps a patient, he'll have a nurse in the room with him!

I went through this same thing several times after my surgery last year. I didn't find the actual procedure to be too painful but I was really uncomfortable for a few days after as my lung "adjusted" to it's new space. I remember the bubbly feeling - it is an odd sensation.

I'm glad you made it through the procedure OK and I hope you don't have to do through it again!

Please be aware that patients should only keep their spirometers for a few days, as they fill with germs over time and can cause lung problems rather than solve them. If someone wants to continue using one, they should get a new one...
This is news to me, Bob.

While I was instructed to keep the mouthpiece clean, I wasn't given any specific instructions in regard to discarding the implement because of germ accumulation within X amount of days.

I used mine for at least a few weeks with no problems. But the possibility of germ accumulation certainly seems reasonable.

I wonder if I should consider investing in spirometer manufacturing companies... :D

This is news to me, Bob.

While I was instructed to keep the mouthpiece clean, I wasn't given any specific instructions in regard to discarding the implement because of germ accumulation within X amount of days.

I used mine for at least a few weeks with no problems. But the possibility of germ accumulation certainly seems reasonable.

I wonder if I should consider investing in spirometer manufacturing companies... :D
Huh? never thought about it , but with exhaling there would be germs and
with moisture and time -growth. I wonder if soaking and rinsing the apparatus
in a bleach/water mix if this would kill and prevent colonies--just trying
to think of the environment:)

Latest posts

Back