Arthritis medicine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marciemarine

I have arthritis in my feet which makes my ankles get stiff and I was wondering if there were any medicines out there that I can use with coumadin.
I saw a commercial on TV for a topical lotion called Capzition. Have any of you heard of it? It is Over the Counter, but I don't know if it's safe to use with Coumadin. I am actually hesitant to take any meds that aren't prescribed for me with Warfarin. Please let me know if there are any meds for arthritis which I can use safely.

Marcie

I have tried quite a few meds for Arthritis (mines in my spine) and all of the NSAIDS react with the warfarin. The only ones that havent are the creams. The one I like best is a natural product "Percutane" made in New Zealand. It has Capsicum Arnica and other herbs listed as ingrediients. I also like Dencorub ICE. I switch between the hot and cold ones dependant on my mood and the pain. As for a pill I take Tramadol SR200 daily (you need a script) and it hasnt interferred with the warfarin.
Maybe a Rheumatoligist would be a good place to visit for advice here.

Latest posts

Back