Anyone ever do an OHS blog?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AtlantaPat

Not sure where esxactly to post this, so I'll toss it out here...

I'm thinking of all the e-mails I need to follow-up on letting friends and family know I have a date for surgery...and then thinking ahead to how my wife and I are going to let them all know after the surgery how things went :eek:

I wondered if creating and then posting to a blog might be a way of updating people without having to spend hours typing out e-mails or talking on the phone.

Anyone ever done this? I wonder exactly what I'd post. Not that there isn't plenty of information, but I'd have to figure ot what's too MUCH information. My need for valve repair surgery has been front and center for me the past five or six months, but I'm sure I'd have to remind myself that the nuts and bolts of it all that I've been dealing with might be more than others need or know or are able to handle.

I remember the first few times I Googled "mitral valve repair" and had a hard time looking at the drawings and photos of the surgical procedures. I'm used to that now, of course, and find it all sort of fascinating...but realize others might be a little squeemish.

Any ideas?

Pat

RayinSF had a blog for his surgery. I just looked up his old posts to see if there was anything there, but I see that even though he's still maintaining the site, there's no longer any OHS info there.
Lemonstuff also had one, but she's taken all her info down too.

You might send both of them an email through VR and ask what they put on their blogs. Ray was on the new Chat when it first started, so I know he's still active, and I saw lemonstuff on before Christmas.

Hope this helps--Mary

Pat,

Cleveland Clinic patients can set up a web page on TheStatus.com. You can set this up before you leave home and then update it daily when you get there. There is one PC with internet access on each floor. The nice thing is that friends and family can leave messages for you also.

Let me know if you want to see my page to get an idea of what it's like and I'll send you the information. All my friends and family really appreciated being able to stay updated and my husband didn't have to spend hours on the phone or sending emails.

Arlene

carepages.com

carepages.com

You can also check out carepages.com I know it is mostly kids, but I have seen adult sites too.

I just went to it and it says,
CarePages are free, personal, private Web pages that help family and friends communicate when someone is receiving care.

I'm pretty sure TheStatus.com works for anyone--you don't have to be at the Cleveland Clinic, although they are a major sponsor of the website.

I would try carepage.com or caringbridge.org they both provide free web sites for people w/ medical problems. I used to like the oldcaringbridge pages better, but now they are both pretty much alike, the only thing is people have to register to read the carepage ones. Lyn www.caringbridge.org/nj/justinw

Hey there. I did try to document as much of my O.H.S. experience as I could. If you go to my blog ad ignore all my silly posts about music and beer and scroll down to "Catagories" {on the left} you will see both "Heart Surgery Experience" and"Valve Replacement". Please feel free to read everything and get as much info from it as you possibly can. You are also more than welcome to email me if you have any questions. ~Ray

www.raymondahner.com

Latest posts

Back