Annual Echoes

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petros

I had my annual echoes yesteraday and everything seemed to be fine and in the proper position.
However, I was advised to increase my 5mg dose of Crestor to 10mg and do a lot of walking, loose weight and exercise. My Doctor said that two years ago and just before my AVR, my arteries showed a 40% to 50% of stenosis due to plaque. He said that we should now pay more attention to this subject.
Since yesterday I am stressed a lot and I am trying to understand why lately all "bad things" are happening to me. I understand that there are even worst things that can happen and I should be satisfied by the fact that I am still alive.
My question however is: what would the critical percentage of stenosis for any needed artery repair or a stent?
I understand that my question is very general but can anybody help in this instance?

I had my annual echoes yesteraday and everything seemed to be fine and in the proper position.
However, I was advised to increase my 5mg dose of Crestor to 10mg and do a lot of walking, loose weight and exercise. My Doctor said that two years ago and just before my AVR, my arteries showed a 40% to 50% of stenosis due to plaque. He said that we should now pay more attention to this subject.
Since yesterday I am stressed a lot and I am trying to understand why lately all "bad things" are happening to me. I understand that there are even worst things that can happen and I should be satisfied by the fact that I am still alive.
My question however is: what would the critical percentage of stenosis for any needed artery repair or a stent?
I understand that my question is very general but can anybody help in this instance?

You have a long way to go yet. 80 to 90% would be severe. He's just trying to halt the process from becoming worse.

I just got home from my annual echo. I think I noticed a jet as the aortic closed when she had the doppler on and I may have a lot of fluid in my abdomen since she couldn't get a good pic of the tricuspid this afternoon.

I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I have my sit down with the doc. I guess I'd best ask him to make an appointment with the internist or my cardiologist now so that I won't need to wait until later.

I hope your cholesterol stays in control and that you continue your recovery, Petros.

Take Heart,
Pamela.

Latest posts

Back