Allergic to Lovenox???

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine susan

Hi all! I replied with this question to another thread, but figured it may not get really noticed. I had AVR in 1999 due to a congenital bicuspid valve that was not behaving (after all those years) and take warfarin/coumadin. How does one discover they are allergic to Lovenox? I have seen several posts mentioning that. I have to schedule an oral surgery procedure to remove a broken wisdom tooth and it's lower mate. It has finally started to bother me considerably. Hoping to have it done via out-patient, but not sure that will happen. My insurance could also be a problem as it specifically eliminates wisdom tooth extraction....and I don't know how "surgical" this could be considered, if you get my drift. A hospital stay with Heparin would not be good. Anyway, I am allergic to penicillin, aspirin/derivatives, and bee stings. How does one determine they are allergic to Lovenox if they haven't had it before? Having been hospitalized before for anaphylatic reactions, I am very wary of any medications. While I am also allergic to giving myself shots, I have also learned that I can do whatever I have to. Also, how much does Lovenox cost? Again, not sure how far I can push the insurance. Much has changed. When I had my AVR almost 10 years ago, I paid NOTHING. Today, it would cost me out of pocket in the neighborhood of $30K. And I have the same employer. Ah, sweet economy. Anyway, any thoughts or experience anyone? Thanks soooo much! Susan:cool:

The last time I asked about the cost of Lovenox was a few years ago. It was around $100 per shot at that time. Thankfully, my insurance covered it (or most of it).

Latest posts

Back