Abnormal Echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes you wonder if the fight is worth it.

Oh yeah Superbob, it's worth it. One of our 'original' members is having his St Jude valve replaced in December and he always says, "Every day above ground is a good day."

I always say that we have no guarantees, but dang why does it come around and bite us in the butt sometimes..:eek: Hang tough guys..!;)

SuperBob, look at your Avatar.....then tell me it's not worth it. :)
I was thinking the same thing: I was thinking that your grand-daughter would think the fight was worth it.
I do understand the feelings behind the statement though.
Wishing you the best - Dina

Ditto to those last three comments above.

This cannot be Kryptonite, Superbob :) .

Hey, I hope you get to feeling better soon ... I'll wait till you are over this crud before I come down and kick your ass for thinking about "giving up":D;)

You and how many other chimps, you scrawny wimp? :p You have shed so much poundage that you couldn't whip a flying squirrel. :D Superbob, on the other hand, has all the heft of that Alabama middle guard who (alas) kept blocking the Vols' field goals yesterday. I can squash you Chimp! :p

Okay I didn't mean to be milking sympathy, and I am not literally giving up. But sometimes just get tired of swallowing one pill after another (better living through chemistry), seeing one doctor after another with each successive one discovering one malady after another, having one medical test after another, coordinating swaps of one medical report after another....etc., etc., etc. You do wonder what would happen if (as just one possible alternative) you lounged all day in the hammock. Or discussed the meaning of life with the girls at Hooters. :)

Superbob, Super people never give up, but do understand they also need time to recharge once in a while. You can't keep leaping over tall buildings or speeding around our world to rescue the rest of us without some down time. Take some time to love your family, lay in that hammock if you want, oogle the lovelies at Hooters, etc. You are a Superman and your will to succeed will see you through this. Lots of prayers and good thoughts being generated for you.

Midge

You and how many other chimps, you scrawny wimp? :p You have shed so much poundage that you couldn't whip a flying squirrel. :D Superbob, on the other hand, has all the heft of that Alabama middle guard who (alas) kept blocking the Vols' field goals yesterday. I can squash you Chimp! :p

Okay I didn't mean to be milking sympathy, and I am not literally giving up. But sometimes just get tired of swallowing one pill after another (better living through chemistry), seeing one doctor after another with each successive one discovering one malady after another, having one medical test after another, coordinating swaps of one medical report after another....etc., etc., etc. You do wonder what would happen if (as just one possible alternative) you lounged all day in the hammock. Or discussed the meaning of life with the girls at Hooters. :)

I thought Hooters was the meaning of life;)

Bob, I am so sorry for your troubles. I am also very glad you are here, so try to hang in there, and get through this! Your valve bro, Brian

Back