A Glass of Wine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was always a big joke in the ER. It seemed that no matter how much someone had to drink they would only admit to 2.

I can picture us all sitting firmly in our sofas with our special helmets on.:D :D

A toast.......

A toast.......

A toast..........to being able to drink wine while on Coumadin.
Well....I had my first glass of win on Saturday evening, I had my INR checked this morning and dr's office left me a msg saying my level was within range and to continue my same dose of Coumadin. So.......tonight I am celebrating with a nice glass of red wine I got in Temecula on saturday.....cheers..........

My red wine consumption must be paying off. After being on only 2.5 mg of warfarin daily for a week, my INR today was "within range." I'm a little miffed that the phone message the doctor's office left didn't tell me the INR - I'd like to keep track of it, and I'm not happy just to know if I'm "in range" or not, particularly since last week at 2.4 they told me I was fine.

I didn't think 2.5 mg would be enough to keep me in range, and I've been eating salads with spinach, etc. So it must be the wine!

I'll just have one unit of wine, thanks. I have a three-gallon carboy of red wine, made from my own grapes, which is coming along very nicely. I plan to bottle it, maybe this summer, and bring whatever I can along to Golden. The carboy is a little too heavy to mount on a helmet. Perhaps a backpack?

Back