A confession of sorts.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman

Took a two week trip recently. We were staying in the mountains. I’ve been rock steady at 6mg daily, so I tested right before we left at 2.6 INR and left the machine at home. Two weeks, no big deal, right?

Well, first thing when we got back I tested and was at 5.5 INR. Staying at altitude. Vacation diet vs home diet. No specific reason. Thing is, I kind of knew it. A couple mystery bruises started showing up.

So 1/2 dose (3mg) and a salad for lunch and two days later I’m back down to 2.9 INR (my range is 2.5-3.5).

So longer than I week I guess I should bring the machine. 32 plus years in and still learning. 😁

When you change your location, or your altitude, or your activity level, your diet, or just undergo more stress than you're used to, the INR can change. I've gone through something kind of similar, with a flooded house, move to a crappy hotel, working in the house getting stuff out, and other exhausting stuff -- but my INR, somewhat surprisingly, has stayed in range. BUT like you, I wasn't testing weekly, so it may have changed in between tests.

I plan to test again today, after only a few days since my last test.

Morning

Well, first thing when we got back I tested and was at 5.5 INR. Staying at altitude. Vacation diet vs home diet. No specific reason. Thing is, I kind of knew it. A couple mystery bruises started showing up.
its interesting, sometimes when I've really changed everything around INR changes. I wonder if its also the effect of water on gut biome ... we are now understanding the role that this plays
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7928036/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8754568/
they are like kids, don't want to have a different meal...

So 1/2 dose (3mg) and a salad for lunch and two days later I’m back down to 2.9 INR (my range is 2.5-3.5).
perfect, I'd expect nothing less from a veteran

So longer than I week I guess I should bring the machine. 32 plus years in and still learning. 😁

indeed, and actually being here has helped me on that journey too.

Hope you had a good holiday

Latest posts

Back