4 days Post Op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agian;n869988 said:
Just to clarify, so there are no misunderstandings:
- The reference to my starter motor was poetic licence. However, if any deity was responsible for it's replacement, it would be God (given that it was an act of good and not evil).
- God does not need to do house-calls, as he is everywhere.
got it ... you can see that one of my problems is that I'm too literal ...

If God rewards those who praise him, it means he discriminates against those that don't.
So all those poor children dying around the world would do well to pray for a better future.

Have you fellas been reading Christopher Hitchens or something. Of course we could tear it up if we go literal - Thomas Jefferson once said to Thomas Paine that he "took a razor to the new testament slicing out anything evil, silly or mythical and he was left with a rather short version"- but there's always the "it's a test" or "He works in mysterious ways". I personally think people should believe what they want as long as they don't try to force others to live by their rules. God knows they have enough trouble following them.

cldlhd;n869991 said:
Have you fellas been reading Christopher Hitchens or something. Of course we could tear it up if we go literal - Thomas Jefferson once said to Thomas Paine that he "took a razor to the new testament slicing out anything evil, silly or mythical and he was left with a rather short version"- but there's always the "it's a test" or "He works in mysterious ways". I personally think people should believe what they want as long as they don't try to force others to live by their rules. God knows they have enough trouble following them.
We are told nothing happens without God's consent. So, my smart arse comments are his doing.
Reductio ad Absurdum.
You need faith in order to believe in something for which you have little proof. It comes with a fantasy that those who don't have it are punished with eternal damnation.
Besides, we're just having a laugh.

I'm a seriously "practicing & trying" Christian but never confident in my belief. So when I was unexpectedly being wheeled into an OR with 40 people swearing, I was actually surprised to feel calm with a strong reassurance that everything would be ok. Not that I would not die or even go to heaven or anything like that but that it would work out for me and my family. I remember thinking "wow good thing I sacrificed all those Sunday mornings." It did help. But I'm not a Jesus talker because I know it is annoying also. fair to say.

I know, He made your skeptical brain but they say there's free will. Although Shopenhauer said there is no such thing as free will so who knows.
I know your just having a laugh and I'm certainly not offended although some probably are. I always figured if people get all worked up at any criticism or satire directed at a belief system it's probably because deep down they're skeptical themselves and would rather a light not shine on it. Just be glad we're in societies where you can say these things without being beheaded or murdered in some other way. Like those unfortunate Danish cartoonists.

dornole;n869994 said:
I'm a seriously "practicing & trying" Christian but never confident in my belief. So when I was unexpectedly being wheeled into an OR with 40 people swearing, I was actually surprised to feel calm with a strong reassurance that everything would be ok. Not that I would not die or even go to heaven or anything like that but that it would work out for me and my family. I remember thinking "wow good thing I sacrificed all those Sunday mornings." It did help. But I'm not a Jesus talker because I know it is annoying also. fair to say.

Well there's a saying- "there's no atheists in a foxhole" - not sure if it's accurate but you get the gist. I'm not religious but I'd be lying if I said I didn't give it a passing thought or two as I was wheeled in. I'd like to think of there is someone watching they wouldn't hold my lack of worship against me.My son needs a father and it's not his fault in a heathen, but then again the Lord did tell Abraham to kill his son.... Hell if I could make a universe I wouldn't care what is humans thought. I always felt like the constant worshipping requirement is a bit too reminiscent of a sort of celestial North Korea for my taste.

cldlhd;n869995 said:
I know, He made your skeptical brain but they say there's free will. Although Shopenhauer said there is no such thing as free will so who knows.
I know your just having a laugh and I'm certainly not offended although some probably are. I always figured if people get all worked up at any criticism or satire directed at a belief system it's probably because deep down they're skeptical themselves and would rather a light not shine on it. Just be glad we're in societies where you can say these things without being beheaded or murdered in some other way. Like those unfortunate Danish cartoonists.
The monotheistic religions, from the time of Akhenaton were spread by murder. That's history.
The price we pay for 'free will' is Evil.
Look up 'cognitive dissonance'.

Agian;n869998 said:
The price we pay for 'free will' is Evil..
well then, if that's the case then the price is already established:
762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d967572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpg

far less than many of the donations to the Clinton Foundation

pellicle;n869999 said:

Well when Trump gets in a million dollars will be nothing , things will be so tremendous that'll be the minimum wage. There will be no need for this forum as 'll medical issues will be instantly cured, "believe me".
Religion and politics? This poor guys thread...,.

Egads! We really hijacked this thread!

To return to kyyoungfarmer's initial post, I will repeat that I'm glad you made it through A-OK and I hope your healing continues at warp speed. I'm especially glad that you had an easy time with the breathing tube. That was my biggest worry going in because I have a horrible gag reflex. Fortunately I was under the influence of enough drugs not to worry about it until it was removed.

Please continue to share your experiences so that others who come to this forum down the road can benefit from them. We each have our own way of achieving peace of mind during this life-altering event. I'm glad you found your path and wish you the best going forward.

Hugs,
Michele

cldlhd;n870000 said:
Religion and politics? This poor guys thread...,.
quite a team eh?

Hijackers and Space Cadets

firefly-serenity-crew.jpg

but really ... just part of the crew here a VR dot disORGanised

Anyway, the OP seemed to post again (using his site nickname) copy pasting the same text that this "Guest" post contained ... so I don't feel too bad about hijacking this one as clearly its was not his intended post

pellicle;n869999 said:

I was being philisophical and **** and you went and trolled me.

Agian;n870014 said:
I was being philisophical and **** and you went and trolled me.

I was just being literal, I thought you Jay not have known that, Evil had established a price.
We have not yet seen how the market reacts to that, and there may be a downside as discounting occurs

pellicle;n870016 said:
I was just being literal, I thought you Jay not have known that, Evil had established a price.
We have not yet seen how the market reacts to that, and there may be a downside as discounting occurs
I thought you weren't going to meddle in the US elections.

Harambe's untimely demise deprived the world of a wonderful primate. This thread was a humble tribute to him, which you guys have intentionally derailed for political reasons.

Latest posts

Back