2-year "anniversary"

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Stephens

2 years ago this morning, I was climbing the mountain at University of Washington Medical Center. When I got to the other side and was sent home 15 days later, I was equipped with 2 SJM mechanical valves.

The 2 years since have been interesting. My pulmonary hypertension (that's why I was in hospital for 15 days instead of 4) has resolved. I'm getting back in to shape, lifting weights again, and working the cardio machines at the gym. I've got my Coumadin dosage pretty much nailed, but struggle a LOT with my diuretics. I battled a case of "significant depression" and emerged happier and stronger.

Life is good. My daughter turns 10 in a couple of months. Sure glad I'll be around to see it :D

This is a great place...and it had a big part in helping me keep perspective throughout all of this. Thanks to you all.

Hey Johnny,
Congratulations on your 2nd Anniversary. Sounds like you are doing Great.
I hope you have many more anniversaries to celebrate.

Take Care

Congratulations

Congratulations

Isn't it great to be able to do what you want and just feel good. I am 1 year postop and the difference is remarkeable. Everyone here is just great. Wish I would have found this prior to the surgery. Keep on ticking,

You da man!

You da man!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you ol' double clickin' hound dog!! Lots more!!

Hello Johnny,

I'm glad to hear that "Life is Good" for you now.

Your posts and PM's have meant a lot to me and helped me cope with some of the 'bumps in the road' of my own recovery. I hope you will continue to keep an eye on VR.com and contribute as you are moved and have the time to do so.

May you enjoy many more such anniversaries!

Your VR and HD friend,

'AL Capshaw'

Congratulations, Johnny! I have learned a lot from you and am thankful you have been part of this forum. I hope you have many more anniversaries. I'm proud of how hard you have been working and all the progress you have made!

"The lovely and talented" Johnny-

BIG congratulations on your anniversary. You've come a long way and life is good. May it ever be so!

Congratulations Johnny! Wishing you many, many more happy anniversaries.

Hey Johnny, congratulations! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies! I've actually been looking forward to meeting everybody, but haven't gotten to any of the reunions yet...kids, job...one of these years though. Glad you are here with us(and to see your daughter turn 10!) Keep on clicking!

Johnny,
Congrats on the 2nd anniversary. Just checked out your website -- enjoyed your vacation, family and pet photos.

Congratulations Johnny on your 2nd ANNIVERSARY from one double clicker to another! :D LIFE IS GOOD! :)

May you have many more ANNIVERSARIES to celebrate! Keep on DOUBLE CLICKING!

Johnny,
Congratulations on your second anniversary! I wish you many, many more :)
Sue

Congrats, Johnny

Congrats, Johnny

It is indeed to feel great. You are 1 month behind me on the 2 year surgery. This weekend. I had my age 11 year old Grandson and friend from Friday Night until tonight. :eek: :eek: We did everything from fishing, putt-putt,concert for kids in the Park..more fishing, riding go-carts, ect..Late night video's..Hey..and I am age 63. :p :p :p Bonnie

Johnny!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

May God bless you with many, many, many, many more years of health, but most importantly happiness and quietness of mind, to live each day WELL!!

Christina L.

Good anniversary Johhny. You were the first one with whom I share a PM, your welcoming words and great example really did make a difference for me. Thanks you for that. Keep up the good work, enjoy every moment.

Latest posts

Back