102 mmHg and feeling OK.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustin

Came back from the cardio today. The BAV catherisation showed a maximum systolic pressure of 102 mmHg. Two weeks ago he called me and said: "You gotta stop with the sports you're doing."

What do you think, is this a "high" reading?

Systolic no, if it were diastolic, most definately. I'm no pro though, so feel free to discard this answer.

I don't think 102 is a high number for anyone in systole, are you sure you are talking about the top number, Dustin?

PJmomrunner said:
I don't think 102 is a high number for anyone in systole, are you sure you are talking about the top number, Dustin?

I'm not sure. He [cardio] urged me stop vigorous activities, because there was a chance of "passing out". Perhaps I picked up the wrong reading. I'll have a check.

PJmomrunner said:

The 102 mmHg should be the peak pressure gradient. Of course, this is the characteristic feature of aortic stenosis.... Thus the difference between the pressure in the left ventricle and the pressure that is ultimately transferred to the aorta.

If 102 is your peak, then obviously you've got stenosis and need to take it easy. I wonder what your mean is? What about the velocity?

Dustin said:
The 102 mmHg should be the peak pressure gradient. Of course, this is the characteristic feature of aortic stenosis.... Thus the difference between the pressure in the left ventricle and the pressure that is ultimately transferred to the aorta.

That's exactly what I figured happened. Better listen to your doc and ease up.

Latest posts

Back