10 year anniversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wxman

It was ten years ago this week that I had my aortic valve replaced with a St Judes mechanical valve.

The time has gone fast and the 10 years have been mainly uneventful. Still have leakage around the suture line in the mild to moderate category that may require a second surgery one day. However...this condition has been stable for quite a few years...and hopefully will continue. Latest echo a week ago was unchanged from last year.

Have never had any issues with my warfarin in the 10+ years I have been taking it.

So...I am fortunate that this life saving surgery has given me many years of good cardio health.

Way to go, Jim! 10 years is truly a milestone. We're glad to hear that things have been so uneventful for you and wish you many, many more great years. Hearing that your valve is stable and that warfarin has been a non-issue is good news for many of the new folks who still have fears about such things.

Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back