1 year follow up appointment scheduled

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tass

Finally got an appointment to see the 2nd opinion cardio for a 1 year followup. I am having her office do an echo (no confidence in the first doc's), EKG, and blood work.

I don't have any of the numbers I see mentioned by others, just bare bones information: Bicuspid aortic valve w/ mild regurgitation. 2nd Opinion doc diagnosed me with a Coarc also based on bp, heart sounds (she commented she was surprised they didn't look for the coarc when they found the BAV).

While i'm confident in new docs ability (echo expert), she is one of those people who hurry to the point and don't want to wait for you to catch up. (Kinda like Jim Carrey & Adam Sandler-they make me nervous just watching them.)

Can anyone give me a checklist of information to specifically ask about with regard to BAV w/ Coarc?

She based her initial reasoning that my SOB wasn't cardio related due to the size of my LV. She also made an offhand remark that my heart was small overall (i'm 5' tall and small framed). Is this a relative thing? If my heart is smaller overall, would even a slight enlargement cause issues? I ask because in working with animals I've seen what would be a minor issue for a large animal can be disasterous in a small one.

Appointment is not until mid Sept. so i'm just getting my ducks in row now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Tass

Tass,
It's good to get your ducks in a row.
I don't know anything about the coarc, but I do understand the problem trying to get specific #'s.
I'm hoping someone who knows more about this will stop by and post a checklist for you to go by.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back