Yummy, Healthy Fish Chowder--Easy

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bina

Premium Level User
Supporting Member
Come on folks....even before New Year's, let's eat simple and healthy !!!

Copied from the Heart and Stroke Canada site:

QUICK AND EASY FISH CHOWDER

Ingredients:

1 tbsp (15 mL) ................... canola oil,
1 ..................................... onion, chopped
3 ....................................... potatoes, diced
2 cups (500 mL) ........................ water
1 lb (500 g) ...................... fish fillets, fresh or frozen, cut in chunks
2 cups (500 mL) .................... 2% milk
1 cup (250 mL) .................... corn kernels
¼ cup (50 mL) ...................... parsley or dill, fresh, coarsely chopped
¼ tsp or less (1 mL or less).......... salt and freshly ground pepper

Directions:
In heavy saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
Add potatoes and water; cover and simmer until potatoes are nearly tender, about 15 minutes.

Add fish; cover and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes for fresh, 10 minutes for frozen.
Stir in milk and corn; simmer until hot.
Add parsley; season with salt and pepper.

________________________________________________________________________________

Makes 4 Main-course servings, 1½ cups (375 mL) each

Nutrition Facts Per Serving: 384 calories, 32 g protein, 9 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 46 mg cholesterol, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fibre, 271 mg sodium, 1402 mg potassium

Excerpted from Lighthearted at Home. Copyright © 2010 by Anne Lindsay & Associates Ltd. Excerpted with permission of the publisher John Wiley & Sons Canada, Ltd.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this recipe Bina. I've been making a lot of soups lately, now I'll give this one a try:) I made big batches and freezing it. Right now I have pea soup, lentil soup, brocolli soup, cauliflower soup and chicken vegetable soup on hand. Nothing like homemade soup in the winter.

Bina,
YUM! I'll be over for dinner tomorrow and will bring ice cream and cake for desert.
John

Thanks for posting this recipe Bina. I've been making a lot of soups lately, now I'll give this one a try:) I made big batches and freezing it. Right now I have pea soup, lentil soup, brocolli soup, cauliflower soup and chicken vegetable soup on hand. Nothing like homemade soup in the winter.
We love soups too and have just enjoyed a carrot soup that my son in law made.

I wpuld think that would work with any fish.......sounds great ......going to try it with tilapia

For sure Greg, tilapia is another mild fish that would be nice in soup.

.....there I sat, with buckets of soup.....and no sign of John.....did you get stuck at the border ? ;)

Oops :eek: I'm stuck in Colorado with beautiful, warm weather for the New Year. Save the soup for a cold day.
Best,
JOhn

Latest posts

Back