Your experience getting travel insurance?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use All Clear Travel Insurance. There is an online questionnaire way of providing your medical conditions, or you can speak quite easily to a human! How about that!

I've never had to make a claim, but they have a TrustPilot rating of 4.8/5, based on 135,000 reviews, so seem reputable.
Thanks I'm going to look into them. I was planning on going with Geoblue or Cigna Global at first.

I notice you have "Europe" as your location. If you are in an EU country and you are visiting an EU country then you should be covered by mutual treatment. (Says the Irish EU citizen who was living in Finland)
I'm in the US currently, but I'll be going to the EU next month for several months. I'm concerned that a regular travel insurance like Allianz would make it difficult to continue my INR self monitoring. Do you know if it's easy to get warfarin and antibiotics (dental cleanings) easily without insurance?

Do you know if it's easy to get warfarin and antibiotics (dental cleanings) easily without insurance?
I had no interactions whatsoever with my medical insurance in Australia or Finland and just paid cash for everything.

Warfarin in Finland was ~ 10Euro for a bottle of 100 5mg tablets and strips for my coaguchek was about the same price (from Germany) as it is in Australia (which works out to be $6 a test).
Antibiotics I just went to a Dr, got a script and took them, indeed for dental work my dentist writes a script (at no additional cost) and sends it to me by mail so I can take it prior.

Life is actually easier in the free market than in InsuranceLand

I don't understand this:
regular travel insurance like Allianz would make it difficult to continue my INR self monitoring.
my self monitoring is exactly that ... I monitor myself ... nobody else is involved.

Best Wishes

I'm in the US currently, but I'll be going to the EU next month for several months. I'm concerned that a regular travel insurance like Allianz would make it difficult to continue my INR self monitoring. Do you know if it's easy to get warfarin and antibiotics (dental cleanings) easily without insurance?
Can i just check we are taking about the same kind of insurance? Travel insurance is for unexpected medical situations, like being taken ill, or having an accident. The travel insurers I have dealt with (which admittedly is not many) would not cover the need for routine medical supplies or treatment, which this post appears to suggest to me is what you are seeking.

Also, as @pellicle says regarding things like CoaguChek test strips, no prescription is required in many European countries. And some drugs may not require a prescription either - for example, in Spain I needed some Spironolactone and a Spanish speaking friend was able to get a box at a chemist for under US$3. Conversely, things in the UK like Paracetamol, which you can pick up in a supermarket for pennies, are ten times the price and only available in pharmacies in some countries. So if my understanding of your enquiries is correct, you may need to undertake different research and for the specific countries you are visiting.

would not cover the need for routine medical supplies or treatment, which this post appears to suggest to me is what you are seeking.
Bupa Global certainly didn't and I just paid out of pocket ... but to be real here it was less than a burger, fries and a soft drink for 100 tablets of 5mg

Latest posts

Back