You People Know How To Make A Grown Man Cry

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

Wow, that's all I can say. I love all of you too!

First of all, Hank I apologize for thrusting the burden of running interference for me, but I got overwhelmed with calls while pretty heavily sedated. I vaguely remember who called and have no idea what I really said to anyone. It had to stop until I felt a little better. I would do the same for you my friend if it happened to you.

If I offended anyone, I'm sorry for that too, but it wasn't me. It was some little man trapped and scared to say the least. Once I made the discovery, I was pretty convinced Hank would be adding me to the In Loving Memory Forum. I hope that doesn't happen anytime soon, but it's a real possibility looming in the future.

I'm home, but I'm far from recovered. I have some serious chf happening and a touch of my old friend, pneumonia, I'm contending with. My BP is still low despite all efforts to make it better. The numbers are good enough for the Doctors, but not good enough for me. The catscan results showed that my lungs are in a severe state with multiple opacities, diffuse fibrosing bilaterally and little functioning. No evidence of GI bleed to be found, though it was definitely a GI bleed. Cause is still undetermined, but is no longer bleeding and the blood test numbers after 3 units of packed Red Blood Cells and 2 units of fresh frozen plasma were pumped in, remain stable. The clincher that brought my entire family to tears and shook me up real good is a devil inside me waiting to raise hell against me once more. A 3.6 cm Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm. While I know it's small, it's there and after having a ruptured Thoracic aneurysm before, this is like being told your life is going to be real short. It's something I'm going to have to deal with eventually and I know it. The question is, will my body allow it to be repaired without killing me. Everything in my body has taken multiple hits and aren't going to put up with much more in the way of surgeries. The game plan is to monitor it every 6 months to see if it's going to grow or just sit there. I'm praying for the latter.

I'm feeling really under the weather and must say a bit depressed also, so I'm going to adhere to the command of bed rest for a few days. I won't be around much, but had to let you all know that I'm home and what the score is. It's very hard to read the threads of concern and love that I'm reading. I still cannot believe all of you. Your amazingly wonderful and I'm proud to know your all behind me.

As for the flirting and nurses---There wasn't a bad looking nurse in the place. I even managed to get an Aide to show me her butterfly tatoo on her backside/butt! I'm still shocked at that one. She was a chunky little thing, but very outgoing.

Randy, thank you for the cookie! It was almost too pretty to eat. I did break down over night and have a some though. I did take pics before slicing her up and devouring portions of it.

I'll post more when I'm up to it. I'm just not up to it right now, but thank all of you for your prayers, well wishes, love and support. You are the best people on the planet and I'm very happy to have touched your lives in some respect.

Love and humbled,
Ross

Nice to have you back, you get a lot of rest,you hear! I am off for back surgery. Cya later.

Oh my gosh - welcome back.

I am so sorry you have gone (and are going) through all this. I wish there was something I could do besides add words to the scenario but all I can do is say I love you and really missed you.

Please take care and let me know if you think of anything you need that I can "run up to Canton" with.

Please take care.

Welcome Home:) :) :) Now, do as the doctors say to do...Go to bed..Rest...and come back when you are stronger..:) All have missed you..Bonnie

So very glad you are at home, Ross. Rest up and get better quick!- we all miss you and need you.

Ross said:
As for the flirting and nurses---There wasn't a bad looking nurse in the place. I even managed to get an Aide to show me her butterfly tatoo on her backside/butt! I'm still shocked at that one. She was a chunky little thing, but very outgoing.

At least its good to see some things will NEVER CHANGE!!!!!!:p :p :D :D

Good to read you back, my friend. Get plenty of rest and take care of that bod. You know you've got plenty of support from your family here.

Just take things one day at a time. We'll be here to help if we can. I'll tell da boys to keep the bus in running order.

Oh, yeah, get that cow yet???? Da boys were out cow tipping other night and said they picked out a real nice one. Said they had a heck of a time getting that thong thingie on her (something about utters getting in the way???). They put a mailing label and some stamps on her and dropped her off at the post office. Let me know when she arrives!!!!!:p :p :p :rolleyes:

May God Bless,

Bubba :)

Ross, as evidenced by the hundreds of posts, you have a LOT of people thinking and praying about you. And you know I'm one of them. With all this prayer heading up just for you, God's gotta listen and get you all better. I know the news is scary, but I also know that you'll get through it. You're made of tough stuff!

Love ya lots!

YAHOOOOOO!!!! ROSSMAN IS HOME!!!!!

I'm so glad you're home. Now get off this computer and rest, rest, rest. We love you, Rossman and hope you're around for a very long time.

You know what they say.....ONE DAY AT A TIME,that should become your motto, too.

Love ya, man.

Evelyn

Glad to see you are home! Take is easy so you can recover well, it sounds like you have a ways to go to get back to normal...at least you are recovering in the comforts of your own home. I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

Welcome home Ross....I have been missing you dreadfully, now you take care and try concentrate on positive thoughts...
love ya heaps
ton

Ross-

I'm so happy to hear that you're home. Just keep on keeping on and your body will do whatever healing it can. I hope your doctors are going to try to put out each fire as it comes along to get you in good shape in case you do need surgery on the aneurysm. Got to get that CHF under control.

I am glad the GI bleeding is under control. As you know, Joe had a similar thing. His is under control also, but there was never a reall good diagnosis for it. However, we have found that when he develops ascites CHF, he then can get diarrhea which irritates his intestines and could break open anything again. Another reason for your doctors to get the CHF under good control.

You guys are complicated.

Wishing you all the best. We missed you. Get better.

Ross, WELCOME HOME!! I am so thankful and relieved that you're back home. I know you're upset about some of the reports that you got, but please try to just get some rest and sleep for now. First things, first. We are all here for you. You've made this person very happy to know that you're back.:) LINDA

Welcome home Ross! It is one step in the right direction. I have read where some abdominal aortic aneurysms can now be stented via a catheter procedure similar to what is done in angioplasty. But for now, get that rest and take one thing at a time and one day at a time. It sure was good seeing you post.:)

welcome back home!

welcome back home!

hi ross,
i almost got tears in my eyes when i saw that you were home. just rest up and as nancy said, get strong, keep that chf under control and take good care of you for a few days.
i'm sorry you are going through all this, but atleast the docs saw things that they can now check and monitor on a regular basis.

so happy you're home and back with us.. rest up and we'll be here when you feel up to coming on.
be well and feel better.
lots of love and hugs,
sylvia

Back