Yet Another Colonoscopy Question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had thus far no need for the process, but Pellicle is very good at making important articles, the attached file is just something i got from one of the doctors in the family, just in case, could be of interest. just a thought.

Attachments

• pre-op-warfarin-guidelines.pdf
    64.2 KB · Views: 0
My usual dose is 6.75 (3 + 1/2 of a 7.5) keeps me around 2.5. Last 3mdays I spiked each dose with extra .5 and will pull,back now hoping to land in zone tomorrow. Today is day 7 dose this morning last night I was 1.7 so with daily 81mg aspirin I am in theory within range for the On-X,but I prefer to be around 2.5.
Hi, i also have an OnX and used the 81mg for several years; but decided to move range to 1.8 - 2.8 with weekly home testing; i would think it could good to check with cardiologist/surgeon before start taking aspirin; just a thought, see attached fragment from a doc.

Attachments

• ASA.png
    ASA.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi
the attached file is just something i got from one of the doctors in the family, just in case, could be of interest

and to add something a bit descriptive to that tables' risks assessment this is from
Guidelines on the management of valvular heart disease and mentions risks

1710712767057.png

so basically almost all of us here will be in Low prosthesis and the patient risk factors need to be determined on a per person basis but bPatient-related risk factors makes it pretty clear (as would previous stroke history).

HTH

They will give you the syringes filled with Lovenox you can inject yourself into the stomach. It is not hard to do. I had to do it to get me back on Warfarin, since I was off Warfarin for 3 months, did not have insurance to cover the med. You do fine with the bridge. Good luck on the scopes.

I remember one of the hassles with that was that the syringes are prefilled with a certain dosage, yet for my weight I was only supposed to inject a lesser amount. So I had to expel some of the dose b4 injecting, also eyeballing that, trying to do the injection part etc etc, was all overwhelming for me, and was given multiple different instructions for doing the injection by different DRs/nurses etc, in the end I managed with great difficulty but ended up with a belly totally covered black/blue/blood red from the injection bruises (caused by warfarin slower clotting I guess at the same time). It was a horrible experience I'm not looking to go through again....

I remember one of the hassles with that was that the syringes are prefilled with a certain dosage, yet for my weight I was only supposed to inject a lesser amount. So I had to expel some of the dose b4 injecting, also eyeballing that, trying to do the injection part etc etc, was all overwhelming for me, and was given multiple different instructions for doing the injection by different DRs/nurses etc, in the end I managed with great difficulty but ended up with a belly totally covered black/blue/blood red from the injection bruises (caused by warfarin slower clotting I guess at the same time). It was a horrible experience I'm not looking to go through again....
yeah, hate the bruising. Now I am also diabetic and do my insulin in the stomach and hate that too. And thing is, also on another injectable for my A1C, do that shot in the thighs. Hate that also. I bruise so easy due to the Warfarin and bumping into things sometimes. And pinches.

Latest posts

Back