Yeah... I'm still around..!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbanabba

What a difference a year and a bit of bovine can make! All I can say is this year's birthday was a trifle more indulgent than last year's - there WAS cake and bubbles! :D

Otherwise things are going really well - we've finally moved into our new house.. where I have room for my new treadmill (loving that!). My job is going well - yet another payrise recently. I'm feeling good and am looking forward to my 1yr review with the cardiologist in a fortnight. I think I'll be surprising him :D

I'm really starting to feel like my former self again - which is just wonderful!!!

Sadly it means I no longer find the time to get online like I used to, but my thoughts are with you all often.

Now bring on 2010!! :D:D

A : )

It's nice to hear your doing well. Like you I to havn"t had a chance to get on line and get involved. Working full time and two kids takes alot of time.

I'm on holiday's till the 11th and today with it being 40+ I thought this would be a good time to stay indoors where it's cool and get on line.

Tke care and have a great New Year.

That's terrific news!! So happy to hear your life is going well!

May 2010 be the best year ever!

Abbanabba,
Funny...I was just thinking about you today! Must be mental telepathy. I am so glad all is going well for you and that you are almost feeling back to normal. Happy Anniversary!
Nice of you to drop by...

Glad to hear from you & that you are doing well & getting on with things. Congratulations on your valversary & I wish you many more ahead.

Take care, enjoy your life & drop in from time to time when you can! :)

Stay well!

Anna,

Glad to hear that everything is going so well.

I will be getting my next PVR next May. My sister will be flying in for a couple of weeks to be with me the week of surgery and the week following surgery. I don't know yet if I will "oink" or "moo" after surgery.

I am wearing that darn holter monitor as I type. Only another 14 hours to go. I soon will have to take benadryl to keep my skin from itching so bad.

Debbie

I have had several people tell me that it takes a year to get back to "normal" after OHS. (Not Valve patients). It is hard for me to believe that I could feel better than I do right now at 5 months out! Can it get EVEN better???:p

Congrats on your year! I can't wait until Spring and working with my flowers. I might actually feel like weeding this year!!

Mileena

Glad to hear that you've finally gotten what you needed. Your valve was a long time coming, and after all that, it's great to hear that it's doing what you wanted.

Best wishes,

Glad to hear that you've finally gotten what you needed. Your valve was a long time coming, and after all that, it's great to hear that it's doing what you wanted.

Best wishes,

Happy, happy birthday to your valve. Sounds like you had a very good year. Recently, I was thinking of you and wondering how things are for you now. I have missed you.

Blanche

Take care, enjoy your life & drop in from time to time when you can! :)

Stay well!

Thank you... and will do! :)

I will be getting my next PVR next May. I don't know yet if I will "oink" or "moo" after surgery.

I am wearing that darn holter monitor as I type. Only another 14 hours to go. I soon will have to take benadryl to keep my skin from itching so bad.

Hang in there! It's definitely worth the wait... and I have to say, it wasn't until sometime after I was discharged that I found out I actually "mooed "instead of "oinked"! Not sure why they switched, but it seems to be working nonetheless.

Anyhoo, I'll have to be sure to check on you when you're due ;)

YAY for me..!!! :D:D I simulated a stress test on my treadmill the other day and almost doubled my pre-surgery effort! Can't wait to show them how well I'm doing :D

I have had several people tell me that it takes a year to get back to "normal" after OHS. (Not Valve patients). It is hard for me to believe that I could feel better than I do right now at 5 months out! Can it get EVEN better???:p

It was at least 6 months before I started feeling like I was no longer recuperating, from there I just felt out of shape - which is a totally different thing!! I bet given another 5 months you will definitely feel better than you do now! :)

And to everyone else who has been so kind to say HI and give well wishes, thank you all again :) I hope life is being good to you and that the new year will be a great one!

A : )

Back