Xpresia siemens

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
It might not be available to the public since their literature says:

Clinical Use
Primary care, urgent care, and hospitals are locations that demand fast, reliable PT/INR testing. That’s why Siemens Heathcare Diagnostics is introducing the Xprecia Stride Coagulation Analyzer, a true handheld device to test PT/INR with lab accuracy.​

It might not be available to the public since their literature says:

Clinical Use
Primary care, urgent care, and hospitals are locations that demand fast, reliable PT/INR testing. That’s why Siemens Heathcare Diagnostics is introducing the Xprecia Stride Coagulation Analyzer, a true handheld device to test PT/INR with lab accuracy.​
In UK can you buy it
https://www.wms.co.uk/xprecia-stride/

I've seen promotional material on this meter, looked into features, but it's not available in the United States, and may never be. The cost an hassles of getting FDA approval may be too big an issue if they're already selling all they want to outside of the U.S.

There are also a number of meters that are available outside the U.S. and look pretty interesting.

It would be nice to see a situation when there is a real choice of meters in the United States beyond the CoaguChek XS (and its other, more limited, U.S. meter, the Vantus) and the Coag-Sense PT1 and PT2.

I was looking into this machine and made an inquiry to them regarding public availability.

I just got an email back from Seimens customer service saying that they're no longer making it. They did offer to put me in touch with distributors who may still have it on the shelf but that they would only be supporting test strips for 3 years, then stopping them all together.

Thanks for the update on the Siemens meter. It takes guts to get a soon-to-be orphaned, unsupported meter. The issue of tech support would also be an issue.

Of course, I bought a CoaguChek S a year or two before Roche completely stopped supporting it. and I've got a number of no-longer-available meters. Hell, I may just try and find one to add to my collection (once I can afford it).

Thomas -- they probably have distribution all over -- but not in the United States. However, they may be able to send one - not as an approved testing device - but as something else. Yes, please let me know if you learn more about it.

There are other interesting meters available outside the United States.

Thanks for the update.

You and Pellicle should set up an INR Museum. You bring the meters, Pel can contribute his rubber band collection. I can be the curator and annoy the crap out of people.

Lets not forget the dental floss.

You can't have the monopoly on annoying the crap out of people. It's one of my obvious talents.

I may have one of the first meters, FWIW -- I don't know if it ever passed the FDA tests. I never bothered with the older, large, CoaguChek meters.I think I still have Protime Classic, Protime 3, InRatio, CoaguChek S, and a non-functional CoaguChek XS Pro. I also have a Hemochron somewhere- but never got the strips for it.

If you're interested I will inquire about distributors for you. I'm in Toronto if that helps. They're a big company and would have distribution all over the world I would think.
Please send me the link , many thanks

I found a website where the device is for sale -- at the price ($3018) -- it's well beyond the reach of most of us - and not a viable alternative to the CoaguChek XS (and its siblings), and the Coag-Sense. Only a clinic can afford this, and I doubt that it has enough going for it to strongly compete with the established standards.

By discontinuing the device and strips, the market attractiveness is probably gone.

Latest posts

Back