Wow, this place is really growing!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tom Albers

Howdy friends and heart family members. Yes it's the Kansas Kid and I've been gone for some time. Just a little fyi, I have been working three jobs this summer. My wife lost her job and if you know what teachers make, not having a second income is very scary. So, I've been going to work at 6 Am and getting home about 9:30. I then went to my cardiologist and surgeon for a delayed one year check up. I got a clean bill of health from both of them. However, I was told by my cardio that I needed to do something about my stress as he was really concerned about it. Especially since I haven't been able to excercise. So, with lots of prayer and thought, I have decided to change my life direction some what. I just accepted a new job as Vice-Principal at school twice as big as the one I'm currently in. I should have more time with my family and I made a signifcant raise. I'm scared to death as I know that I enjoy teaching and coaching but I guess I won't know until I try it. This job is in Pittsburg Kansas which is in the far southeast part of Kansas. Close to Joplin Missouri and about 2 hours from Kansas City and 2 hours from Tulsa Oklahoma. It's a college town so Tina can work on advancing her degree and that will help us in the long run. This was very difficult for me. When I went into the gym and told my football players I broke down and cried. I love those guys and it will be a change for me not to coach. I hope and pray it was the right decision. The reason for this letter is that since I'm moving shortly I won't be able to visit the site for some time. Not that I had the chance to do so as of late anyway, but with my new job I think I'll get to be much more of a regular. So my friends, I have one week until I shut my computer down and then I'll see ya in the fall sometime. Goodluck to all who are getting ready for surgery, and good health to all of you who are on the other side.
Your friend
Tom Albers

Tom - wishing you all the very best in your new life. I hope it all turns out really well for you and your family and that your heart appreciates what you're doing for it. :)

Tom

Tom

As one teacher to another, I understand your fear of leaving teaching and entering "administration". Hope your school is big enough so you won't have to do all the discipline. At any rate, get out from behind that desk and get to know the kids...that should help with the sanity.

Know that you go with our prayers and good wishes. We will be waiting to hear from you!

Hi Tom

Hi Tom

Congratulations! and......Good Luck. Difficult decision for sure but change is good for the soul....and heart.

So now what do I do come the basketball season and you are not asking for coaching tips, etc.?

More important, I am happy to hear about your one year check up being A-OK. Geeze, I remember like it was yesterday calling you in the hospital after your surgery.

So now you have another mountain to climb and I believe that this mountain will be a breeze for you.

You are always in my prayers.

Bob

Good luck Tom. You've got the right attitude, so I'm sure you'll do very well in your new situation. Glad your checkup went so well and we'll looking forward to hearing how your transition goes.

Hello Tom,

Hello Tom,

Best of luck to you in your new job! You?ll make a wonderful Vice Principal... those kids don?t know how lucky they are. :) I have a nephew who is Super Intendant of Schools at Eads, CO. He had been a teacher and coach, then a principal before taking this job a couple years ago. I think change is always a little scary.... but sometimes can be a very good thing.

Sure happy to hear about your ?clean bill of health?!!

Take care,
Rain

Tom, hello, hello dear friend. I wondered what had happened to you. Sorry to hear that your wife lost her job. Glad to hear that you are advancing.Even better that you got a clean bill of health. Change is never easy! However your couching experience will help you. You understand the importance of team work. Looking forward to hearing more from you, when you settle in your new digs. martha

Hi Tom

Happy to hear you are doing well. And above all found your way back to our ever growing family!

Congratulations on your new job!

Keep in touch
Take care,

Gina.......a Yankee?

Gina.......a Yankee?

I like when you indicate that you are a true Yankee at heart......I think we are in the minority here with all those Texans and other southerners.

Bob

Then you could call me a 'misplaced' Yankee?, LOL.

At times I long to return home....but then I think about the snow, BURR.
Think I will stay south.:)

Go Tom Go!

Go Tom Go!

Glad to hear you are doing well and congrats on your new job and new life. you will do great. Every job is a stepping stone to something better.

Keep us posted when you can.

Been wondering where you were. It is always hard to leave something we love so dearly, especially home which is what your coaching job was. You will always have those memories and that is so comforting when we must make changes. You must have had a hard time making the decision, then telling your team. My prayers are for you and your family until we see you again. Think of it as a good thing since your wife can attend college again and you will be gaining experience that will always do well for you.

Congratulations on your good health. God bless

Hey Tom

Congratulations on your decision. I'm sure it will work out well for you.

I too am at the crossroads : I'm working on a big tender for a job in Sydney and if we win it, I'll have to move there. My wife is a teacher and she's had her eye on the vice principal role too, even though she loves the classroom. So I'm looking at the classified ads (jobs vacant) column in the Sydney papers for her.

Even though I don't think I want to move, deep down I feel it's time we made a change and started living in a big city again.

Anyway, enough of me, best of luck in your new venture.

Regards

Tom! Was wondering where you had gotten to!

Good luck with the new job and PLEASE, PLEASE watch that STRESS!!! Your cardio is right!!!!

Take care and post when you can!

Zazzy

Back