Wow! This is a mess.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsy

Since it's time for me to order new test strips I've been reading some of the posts here. It sounds like I'm not the only one that's a little frustrated. To give you some background I got my machine through QAS and my insurance company at the time paid 80%. Now my employer has changed and QAS is not one of their suppliers. I know I can order them from QAS and my insurance company will reimburse the difference of my copay but do I have to use QAS? I know they're a sponser here but I think they want $150 for 12 strips. It looks like the price for medical facilities is $200 to $250 for 48 strips. That's quite a markup!
I've contacted my insurance company and the first person I spoke with thought I was talking about diabetic test strips even though I thought I had explained myself pretty well. The second one thought it would be covered under durable goods but wasn't sure. My cardio office said they would look into it and get back with me. That was three days ago. If it is covered under durable goods I will need to pay the full amount up to my annual deductible of $2500. Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

No you do not have to use QAS, but I'd certainly ask them what billing codes test strips fall under and then place the ball squarely on the insurance company to find a supplier that they will deal with.

Latest posts

Back