With 2016 drawing to a close ...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
Christmas is upon us soon .... so I feel its time to say from Sunny Suomi:

15697635_10154837143497498_2724685452678136162_n.jpg

and take time to enjoy the little things along the way :)

Wow! I came here thinking about extending holiday greetings and found this post! Awesome! I wish all of you, regardless of religious leanings, a safe and happy holiday. May you never lose your sense of wonder.

Hugs, Michele

Wow, so beautiful! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you Pellicle and everyone here.

You are so right about stopping and enjoying the little things.

reminds me of a sign I saw the other day[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com\/564x\/e7\/36\/6b\/e7366be96543b056785cdeaadee0a2e6.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Usually don't go in for those sort of things but hey

Last edited:
pellicle - Wonderful photo, mate! Wishing everyone here the very best over this holiday season.

BTW - That photo makes me cold. I'm really missing my annual trip to sunny Florida this year. . .

epstns;n871383 said:
BTW - That photo makes me cold. I'm really missing my annual trip to sunny Florida this year. . .

Hey Steve
Wish I still lived in a warm coastal part of Australia, then I could offer your and your family a summer holiday in winter.

We're up for -20°C next week, so no good coming here ;-)

We had one of the mildest Christmases on record here (15C / 59F), so lovely to see a beautiful snowy scene - how Christmas should be. I'm coming a bit late to this to send Christmas wishes, so perhaps I can wish all a Prosperous and Healthy New Year - and for those with mechanicals: keep ticking!

We did have a really warm day on this past Monday - up to 54* F. Now I'm holding my breath. I remember the winter of 1967-68. We had temps in the mid-60's in January, then we got hit with 26 inches of new snow in a 24 hour period. Back then I didn't have a long driveway to shovel, and I was almost 50 years younger, too.

epstns;n871405 said:
... then I didn't have a long driveway to shovel, and I was almost 50 years younger, too.

I'm glad that your parents didn't force the 5 year old Steve to shovel snow (hint: implying you are 55)

No - At that time my parents didn't have a driveway at all. We lived in an apartment building and had to park the cars on the street. That year, all of the neighbors got together as a group (probably 30-40 of us) and just shoveled the entire street, curb to curb, down to the pavement. We had to do it that way - the city plows got stuck trying to come through to clear it.

BTW - flattery will get you something, but I'm not sure what. I'm old enough to not quite remember what 55 was like. ;-))

Latest posts

Back