Wire Removal

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffF

Has anyone had their wires removed? If so how is the procedure done? I have a CT scan next week to see if their are any problems with mine. I had my surgery 5 months ago and the top of my incision has an MSSA staph infection that has been very stubborn to say the least.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff, I'm not sure since you have the infection if your wire removal would be the same as someone who just has their wires removed because they are painfull, which is usually a same day procedure, or if you are asking about possible debridment where they also removal any/all wires that might have the infection on them and any other infected tissue. If it is the possible debriment, Justin and a couple other had it and how extensive the surgery and recovery is depends mainly on what they find when they get to the OR and see what tissue if any has infection and remove that and a small amount around it.
Justin's infection was in his sternum and the tissu under it, so his surgery and recovery was alot different that someone who just needed the wires removed but didnt have any infection

Back