who's online

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hensylee

Anybody ever check who is online? I just did. Found 3 members and 80+ guests. Guests, we'd love to see you as members, too. The site is very friendly a n d supportive. Collectvely, we have more info here in VR than you will get anywhere else. And we stay with you from day one right on through it all - and after.

Reactions: Eva
I'm always surprised by the number of guests that are viewing the forums. I know Ross always said that a big percentage were "bots" but still some must be "people"! I use to check the Archives but I don't see it at the bottom of the page where it always use to be.

Could it be that some of the guests are actually members? Sometimes, I will search the vr.org forums without signing in to see if there is a topic/discussion to reply to. If so, I will then sign in. I presume I would show up as a guest first. Does that make sense? I wonder if other members do that, too?

ottagal;n849960 said:
Could it be that some of the guests are actually members? Sometimes, I will search the vr.org forums without signing in to see if there is a topic/discussion to reply to. If so, I will then sign in. I presume I would show up as a guest first. Does that make sense? I wonder if other members do that, too?
I do the very same thing often, when I'm using a different browser or computer to the one that I'm permanently logged in from, so I will be showing up as a guest then too !

Once Mary mentioned it, we have had this conversation before. I never sign out so always am s i gned in and don't have to do it every time i come here. There may be 'ghosties' checkin in on us, ya think?

BOOOOO! Y'all. . .

I just miss the way the board used to seem more like actual conversation. With all the delays in posting, it is not anywhere near as active as it was before.

Has it been this way long. I started getting stuff in email a couple months ago from VR, from posts I was subscribed to years ago. I figured it was just undergoing growing pains again like it used to when there were changes made in format.

also there are a few who aren't happy with the slow posts and have stated they might leave. The site has been in existences since 1998 and has helped so many thousands.and that's something to be proud of and to keep going. It needs to stay and become as active as it was. People need it.

i couldn't get into the forum for departed members. Any ideas why?

hensylee;n849986 said:
Has it been this way long. I started getting stuff in email a couple months ago from VR, from posts I was subscribed to years ago. I figured it was just undergoing growing pains again like it used to when there were changes made in format.

also there are a few who aren't happy with the slow posts and have stated they might leave. The site has been in existences since 1998 and has helped so many thousands.and that's something to be proud of and to keep going. It needs to stay and become as active as it was. People need it.

i couldn't get into the forum for departed members. Any ideas why?

Ann, I have had very few problems posting while others seem to have many. I use Chrome for my browser; don't know if there's a difference with what browser others are using. I just tried the Departed members forum and had no trouble. I had forgotten what day Ross departed this life, but I was reminded that the date is coming up--November 30th.

Latest posts

Back