Whoops! Missed evening dose and then took full dose the next morning...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pem

Hi All!

Been a while since I've been on the forum - so greetings to my old pen pals.

I missed my dose last night and its been so long since that has happened that I forgot the protocol. So I took a full dose this morning. I see that I probably should have just taken a half dose this morning, and then resumed with the normal dose tonight. So now what should I do? Take the full dose tonight anyway, or a partial dose? I just checked my INR. It is 2.3 (my target range is 2.5 - 3.5). So is it okay to take the full dose tonight, or will I spike tomorrow if I do?

Hey PEM

I don't think it will make so much difference but if you are 2.3 now I'd just go on as normal. I doubt your spike would go much over 3.5 anyway. If you felt like tinkering try a bit less (30%) tonight and resume as normal.

I did a missed dose the other week and the fluctuations were as I anticipated.

Hope you are doing well :)

Thanks, guys. Knew I could count on you. I took 5mg (normally take 8mg) tonight. Will resume 8mg tomorrow night.

By the way, Pellicle, I did try running your model tonight to get some insights, but the resolution is 24 hours, and my situation required 12 hour resolution. Didn't take the time to modify, but might play with it tomorrow to see if I can create a continuous time version.

Hey PEM

Just be aware that the model is ultra simple and is a guide. There are issues with it (such as it will calculate a zero INR which is meaningless, and has no buffering).

I usually run a 2 and 3 day moving average and the actual result sits somewhere between those three lines.

I also have never measured more frequently than daily and have not subdivided doses into 12 hourly. I would not be surprised if 4mg twice daily did not give the same result as 8mg daily. So I think interpolation is vexed.

:)

Latest posts

Back