Who rented a hospital bed?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing like your own bed. I built a mountain of pillows so I could sleep on my back with head/shoulders elevated - mainly to help with a sinus drip that I had. Coughing hurt so anything I could do to keep from coughing helped tremendously. The pain of sleeping on my side made that not an option. Coming up on week eight - pillows mostly gone and the old dog can roll over and sleep on his side again.

For me the getting in and out of bed was not the problem, the pain was. So I slept in a recliner for about 6 weeks or so. Just as stairs were never a problem for me, I came home from the hospital and immediately walked up a flight of stairs with no problems.

Each week I would try the bed, and until it felt comfortable I slept in the recliner. As I can only sleep on my side in bed, the recliner made it easier to sleep in a straight sort of way compared to in bed.

I rented a LIFT recliner from a medical supply store. It has been very nice and helpful. I've been sleeping in it for the first 4 1/2 weeks after surgery but I am tiring of it and just got into my regular bed. Our bed is higher so it seemed challenging to get into. I use my heart pillow when getting into bed to keep my sternum protected. Best of luck! It does get easier and better as you recover!!

Latest posts

Back