whey protein and coumadin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharon

Does anyone know anything about whey protein shakes? I was reading the label and it's got all sorts of amino acids. Can that be a problem? I want to start the fat flush diet and it uses the whey shakes to add protein to the diet. I don't eat meat so I thought this might be a good idea and amino acids are what our bodies use.

What do you all think?

Sharon
St Judes avr 4/97

Gee, I don't know. But I used whey protein shakes regularly. If they affect my INR, I couldn't tell. Just do what you are going to do consistently. Definitely test more frequently (once a week) if you are starting a new diet.

Hi.
Those shakes generally have alot of soy protein in them. That part of the soy bean has a ton of vitamin k. Be careful.

Karlynn, Al and T-Money,

I used the stuff almost everyday and took my inr after about 7 or 8 days. It didn't change anything I was 3.2 -

Also the Naturade Whey is 100% whey protein - no soy.

Thanks for the help.

Sharon
St Judes avr 4/97

Sharon:
Whey protein is protein from cows milk, which shouldn't be a problem for you. Actually, if you read some of the articles on the link left here, you might find that you have the potential for doing yourself alot of good with whey products. Apparently, the American Heart Association thinks hightly of whey too. I would be careful about the other ingriedents in protein shakes though. As others have stated, some shakes include soy as well as whey. I wish I knew all of the different names used for soy products. Perhaps someone can help on that. I have included a link that has some interesting materials under news. Hope it helps.
http://www.wheyoflife.org/
Blanche
PS Was little Ms Muffett eating cottage cheese? (curds and whey)

Hi Blanche,

Thanks for the note. I went to the site - they had some really interesting info on whey protein and it took me to another site that had some recipes on it. The site is really worthwhile - thanks again.
(As I said early on the whey protein I'm using made by Naturade does not contain any soy products.)
Sharon

Back