Where's Jonathan

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Jonathan lives in England instead of down under. Hope he's alright.
Jonathan? Hope you're still kicking wherever you are.
Let us hear from you...

Christina

JONATHAN

JONATHAN

Jonathan came off his bike on the 4th June and broke his left elbow joint, had to have emergency surgery, and spent 11 days in hospital because of his heart/anti coag situation. In spite of this he did the 58 mile charity bike ride (for the British Heart Foundation) from London to Brighton on the 27 June.

WHAT A GREAT GUY! :)

Gillian, thank you so much for the news about Jonathan. He is some kind of good guy, isn't he? A broken leg, a hospital trip, and then a bike ride for all those miles. Ya'll English women and men are truly tough and aren't we glad you brought it over to us!! God bless.

Jonathan, if you are listening, congratulations on your great accomplishments - a true testimony for this site.

Gillian, Thanks a million for letting us know about Jonathan. We are proud to call him our heart buddy, and are glad that he's okay, broken elbow joint and all.
When you speak to him tell him to get back here to tell us in "person".

Have a great weekend!

Christina

Hello Friends !!!!

Hello Friends !!!!

Hey Friends !!!

Wow...what a nice thing - that you've been asking after me. I just logged on my PC a few minutes ago and read an email from Gillian telling me that people had been asking - that's so sweet of you all.

Sorry for not visiting the site recently. I've been a bit unwell. The doctors think I may have had a 'blackout', which caused me to come off my bike and fracture my left elbow. I had to undergoe surgery - yet another scar to show off...hehe.

Anyway...I'm back now! I'm still having to have lots of physical therapy on the arm as I have very little mobility - which is VERY frustrating. But of course things could be so muc worse. At least my heart is pumping well. I'm quite anxious to get some answers to these dizzy episodes and latest blackout. I have been in back in hospital 3 days this past week having 48hr EEG, ECG and BP to try and capture an episode - no such joy :( It's very frustrating. I have to have a cardiac MRI on Monday to see what that shows!

In 2 weeks time I see my cardiologist for the results, an examination and echo. I have some questions...though I'm not expecting them to come up with all the answers. I think that whilst they can perform great surgery and do many wonderful things...there's still so much they simply don't know or understand. But, like many of you I have hope and try to look on the bright side of all this. Everytime I feel a bit sorry for myself, I think of a friend aged 30 who passed away the week I was in hospital. He'd undergone his 5th valve replacement. He was a very positive, courageous and strong guy. His Mum told me to keep fighting and I know that we must all do that. So, there are always others worse off than us.

Anyway, I'm rambling...sorry!

Thanks again for the love and support.

Take care - Jonathan

So good to hear from you, Jonathan. Sorry about your elbow (and sorry I called it your leg!!:confused: )

My brother has had passing out spells for several years and we have been looking for an answer and we FINALLY got one last week. It is called dysautonomia. He has usually managed to sit down so he doesn't fall down when he is faint. There is a site for it called www.ndrf.org and you can check it out if you like. Might not be your problem but is an enlightening and interesting subject.

Think I have seen you on about.com (Dr Rich) and he also speaks of autonomia.

Best of luck - sounds as if you live up to BRAVEHEART. God bless.

Back