When the push comes to shove...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blanche,

Sure appreciate you updating us.

Thoughts/prayers continue coming your way, of course....

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I can't stay on your morfeine, cause it's making me itch" ... Pink ... 'Just Like A Pill'

you know, of course, that we are riding along with you, our dear friend. I think your professor friend gave you some really good wisdom and we want you to make it your byword(s). And you will be thought of so much until you are doin your Blanche stuff again - without worry. Bless you.

praying for your full recovery.

Check out this web site.
http://www.thewellnesscommunity.org/

In Atlanta we have http://thewellnesscommunity-atlanta.org/ I go once a week to a pilates and wellness workout class. I have made friends there that have gone throught the same thing as me. We have once did a cancer walk and in the fall we get to walk onto the Braves baseball field and release pink balloons before game time.

The book my hospital gave me is called "Your Breast Cancer Treatment Handbook" by Judy C. Kneece, RN, OCN. It is a good paper back book. They also gave by husband a book for the caregiver, I can not find the book. My radiation oncologist also gave me a book "Breast Cancer Treatment Guidelines for Patients" by the American Cancer Society.

The tests before my lumpectomy were blood work, EKG, CT scan and a MRI. Nancy is right about before surgery starts, they placed a guide wire into the center of the tumor to make sure it was located correctly for the surgeon. They leave that sticking out until you are wheeled into the operating room. That was done in a procedure room with ultra-sound. They numb you first for that and it does not hurt. During your surgey for lumpectomy you will also have a small cut under your arm pit where they will remove one to two lymph nodes. They will use radiographic sustance and blue dye to see which lymph nodes your breast tissue is draining into. Years ago they would remove all of the lymph nodes. Radiation is usually for 33 days. There is some kind of new radiation that is for about 5 days. You will get to have some tatoos for radiation. I was given the choice anything I wanted as long as it was black and a dot. The last time I went to a skin docter she asked me if when I was young I had poke myself with a black pen. I had to tell her that they were tatoos for radiation treatments. I do know that chemotherapy drugs can affect our heart.

Think postive,

Rebecca

Hi Blanche....

I haven't been on the site much...busy with outdoor projects, etc. Went on this morning just to see what was happening with you. You have been in my thoughts and will stay in my prayers. I'll try to get back on regularly now that planting, weeding, fertilization, and seeding is done.

Evelyn

Blanche (((hugs))) and just to tell you cus im not here alot
to answer posts you are in my thoughts and prayers AWAYS

Back