What's my valversary?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman

For those of us with multiple OHS's. What's my valversary? Is it going to be 22 years this year or 3 years this year?

My first was replaced November 21, 1990; then I had that replaced October 15, 2009. I feel like I'm selling my second one short if I only acknowledge the 1st. But at the same time - 22 years is a pretty big number to ignore - although it hasn't been consecutive. So did I only reach my 18th valversary and I'm now starting over with my second one?

It's all so confusing! :confused2::D

I consider my latest surgery my valversary.
After all I had a divorce from my first valve.:tongue2:

Interesting thought. But my first valve never let me down. It was my aorta that was threatening to leave me. So while I was getting a new one of those - I decided to leave my first valve behind for a younger one.

I know, I know... No sense of loyalty.

How old were you superman when you got your first surgery. I noticed you had stenosis since birth... so did I but my luck ran out at 28 years old.

Two days before my 18th birthday. So, I was still 17 - the nurses on the floor brought me a nice cake for my birthday. I was still a relatively young 36 for my second surgery. I figure if I keep my first valversary - I can hope and pray for a solid 70 years with plastic and warfarin! Maybe not realistic, but for a guy that should've been dead 20 years now - it would be pretty impressive.

You keep going Superman, I want to see you celebrate 90!! After all my cardio thinks everyone should live to 90!! Who am I to argue:thumbup::thumbup::cool2::cool:

Last edited:
I say celebrate both. I do like the idea of celebrating every day, but then it becomes very monotone. My vote is mark both of those dates on the calendar like a birthday and celebrate them both.

I have had OHS x4 (2 valve OHS). I am counting my TOF "repair" anniversary this year. It will be 40 years this august. My first valve was in me 19 years and my second valve will be in me 2 years next month. I guess I count when each surgery hits each decade.

Debbie

Latest posts

Back