What was your best Birthday Celebration

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art O Ceitinn

Its my Birthday tomorrow I will be 71 years young and as I look back on my birthday celebrations, the one that I can honestly say that was my best birthday.
It all began when my partner and I decided to tour Europe for 2 years. So we bought,a camper van and started our journey. We decided to spend the winter skiing in the French Alps Bourg Saint Maurice. We went from being so so skiers to fearless nuts. During the season we made some lifelong friends. The following June we decided to park up our campervan and to cycle with our tent and equipment from the south of France to Spain. 6 weeks later we crossed back into France via Andorra Pas de la Casa 2,080 m (6,820 ft) and on to Mirepoix where we decided to head for a camping run by a dutch french couple that a nice dutch couple who we had skied with had suggested we visit. To our surprise it was a nudist campsite, but as we had cycled 100 km that day we had no other option. Our first ever nudist camping, but in the bar and restaurant you must wear cloths. We went to the Bar around 22:00. and Just before midnight I told the barman to give everyone a drink on me as it was my 40th Birthday.¨That's not the way we do things here¨ as he hands me a sword from the wall and a bottle of Crémant de Limoux ( local Champagne). I managed to open it on my 3rd swipe and the party began. Everyone in the bar wanted to open a bottle so 5 hours later and 20 or so empty bottles we all ended up making french onion soup in the kitchen. I didn't have any cake, but had a great party with 15 strangers and to make it even better the owners didn't charge for the party.

Set the bar pretty high there!

On my 18th birthday I was moved from CICU and got my own room after my first open heart. The nurses brought me a cake. Call it my most memorable. 😁

I like a simple life. Going to Texas Roadhouse (barbecue) for dinner, with my gal, always works for me. And no, I don't scrutinize what I eat, everything is fair game, no pun intended. It is my yearly thing.

My 2020 birthday fell on my 7th day in the hospital for my BAVS. I was brought a sponge cake with strawberries, from the hospital food service department, at lunch. It was one of the only things I was able to enjoy during the 7 days! Come to find out, my surgeon wanted me out because the first spike of COVID had just started to go crazy and he didn't want anywhere near it. I was released late afternoon. Otherwise, I would have stayed a day or two longer. I had only met about 98% of the protocol to be released. From my surgeon, happy birthday, you get to go home! I was so ready! Same as @Superman, I call it my most memorable. 😁

My birthday is in late December so it's usually eclipsed by Christmas and bad weather. When I was about 8 my Mom had a birthday party for me in July, made me a Teddy Bear cake and took me and my friends to the Philadelphia aquarium

I had a few good ones. I was ten or eleven years old, I think, when I was asked to go next door to invite my neighbor over.

When I got back into the house, I was surprised by one of the kids playing 'For he's a jolly good fellow.' I don't know where they got the idea, but it was a nice one to have friends demonstrate friendship. I haven't forgotten it.

On my fortieth birthday, I was flat on my back in a hospital bed. About two weeks earlier, I fell and tore my quadriceps off my knee. I was in pain all the time, my wife took me to the orthopedic surgeon, and to have MRIs, and I finally had the surgery done the day before my surgery. In retrospect, this was worse than my heart surgery,

The hospital didn't know how to keep my leg properly elevated so the pain wouldn't surge through my leg. Demerol helped, but I didn't want it.

The day of my birthday, my wife brought my two kids, one was almost ten years old, and the other was an ancient twelve.

They brought me a Dick Tracy watch (this thing lit up and, I think, may have had a radio in it), and a clock with Bullwinkle's face, a clock that ran BACKWARDS, and the words 'I'm so confused' on the dial. I still have that clock.
THAT, I think, was my best birthday.

My best birthday was my surprise 60th thrown by my husband.
i was due to go into my second OHS On March 14. My birthday is March 16.
This OHS ( first one was a year before) was to fix a second AA and replace my Aortic valve. (I was trying not to think about it!)
He talked me into going out for lunch..which I DIDNT want to do. Walked into the restaurant and saw all these people I knew..and relatives from hours away.
all I could say was…” This is for me?”

Latest posts

Back