What to do with children during surgery?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Everyone,

Hello. Allow me to introduce myself: My name is Bill Moriarty. I am Valerie's husband. I know it has been a while since anyone has posted to this thread, but I wanted the chance to reply to all the threads she took part in.

For those of you that don't yet know, Valerie passed away due to complications of surgery on November 16, 2009. There is another thread on here somewhere, but I am not exactly sure where... LOL! You'll have to do a search for her username; from there you will find her obituary.

I wanted the chance to thank everyone that gave her advice, supported her, and helped her on her journey to the operating table. Everyone of you meant a lot to her, and without you she would not have even have tried. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

~Bill

Bill,

I hope that you and your children are coping OK. I didn't know your wife very well but I do know that I gained so much from her and the others on this forum who have lived their lives with these serious medical conditions. They all seem so brave to me. Even at the last moments before surgery, she was thinking about how her kids would handle her surgery. That's a selfless MOM for you.

Best wishes to you and your family

Dear Bill,

This was quite a shock to me. I have not been on the forums much since my surgery, but offered very basic -- and probably worthless -- advice to Valerie before her surgery. I had not idea she had passed. I offer you my deepest condolences and my prayers. If you are okay with it, I will try to have a Mass said for her at my parish at some point. God Bless you and I am truly sorry for your loss.

I suggest sending your 2 year old with your sister. Make sure she has a cell phone and send them to the zoo or to a park , it will be a long day. A 2 year old will need to play and you sister will need a good distraction too. If the 6 yr. old doesn't want to go to school don't force the issue. This will be a stressful day for everyone.

Lettitia

Back