What kind of test?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sonya489

What kind of test did anyone do after the echo. to check on
mitral & aortic regurgitaion & to check on enlarged left atrium.
I'm just trying to prepare myself!

Thanks,
C-YA
Sonya

I was blessed with both tests. Personally, I would go for the cath...even though it is more invasive than the TEE. I have a real problem with the camera/throat thing. :rolleyes:

I see that some VR.com members don't care much for the TEE.

I've had two, plus several endoscopies. Apparently, after a few endoscopies, I developed a choking response. Now, whenever I have one of those procedures, the doc just increases the dose of VERSED and everything goes just fine. There may be some benefit to asking for an endoscopy (visual inspection of your esophogus) prior to the TEE to ensure that you don't have any scrictures in your esophogus since the TEE transducer may be a larger than the endoscope.

One of the side effects (benefits?) of Versed is that you don't remember anything that happened during (and after) the procedure, sometimes for a few hours, which is another reason they request that someone ELSE drive you home and you stay put for the rest of the day.

'AL'

Besides resting echo, a Stress echo was

Besides resting echo, a Stress echo was

performed on me twice in the last two years post-AVReplacement 4/00. Most recent one 3/4 weeks ago.

Found all they needed to know at this point. No need for invasive tests.

Latest posts

Back