What have you been doing lately?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While rebuilding a carburetor is so tempting, I’ve been having fun with other things. My daughter and I have been to a Dodger game in full Oakland A’s regalia yelling “sell the team”, and “stay in Oakland” with other true blue Oakland fans. We’ve been to a fabulous production of Les Miserables, and gone to 2 USC games!

@Protimenow we had a kitchen leak a few years ago. It's tough! I feel your frustration! You'll get through it!

We've been camping off grid the last 2 weeks, in the white mountains AZ. No cell service within about 2 miles! Lots of walking, hiking off roading in my jeep!
The project manager ambushed me on Friday - he told me that his crew were going to clear out the bathrooms so the asbestos abatement team would be able to do their work. Because of my broken ribs, he picked me up.
I figured that it would take maybe 15-20 minutes to clear the two bathrooms, and I'd be back at my hotel in 60-90 minutes. I skipped making breakfast for me and my wife. I figured I would take my heart and seizure meds when I got back, and figured that all would be well.

THEN he told me that his crew would be working on the entire house - I would miss my blood pressure and medication for CHF. We missed a meal, my wife didn't get the breakfast and other things she needs in the morning. I took Uber back at around 11 AM and HOPE that these guys didn't do things (like going into a room that I asked them not to go into) while I was gone.

I really HATE being lied to.

The project manager ambushed me on Friday - he told me that his crew were going to clear out the bathrooms so the asbestos abatement team would be able to do their work. Because of my broken ribs, he picked me up.
I figured that it would take maybe 15-20 minutes to clear the two bathrooms, and I'd be back at my hotel in 60-90 minutes. I skipped making breakfast for me and my wife. I figured I would take my heart and seizure meds when I got back, and figured that all would be well.

THEN he told me that his crew would be working on the entire house - I would miss my blood pressure and medication for CHF. We missed a meal, my wife didn't get the breakfast and other things she needs in the morning. I took Uber back at around 11 AM and HOPE that these guys didn't do things (like going into a room that I asked them not to go into) while I was gone.

I really HATE being lied to.
Whew.

I thought you were angry at me...

Whew.

I thought you were angry at me...
Inner monologue?
IMG_20231012_050410.jpg

Just prior to my surgery my husband and I planned a trip to cruise around the British Isles, which we did this July 2023. We also went out West in September. We visited Jackson, The Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Deadwood, the Medicine Wheel, Devils Tower, Crazy Horse Monument, Mt Rushmore, the Dinosaur National Park and toured Salt Lake City. When we got home, we discovered we had walked 76.5 miles in two weeks!! This is a trip I never could have made without having had my surgery. Even now, at some of the elevations of 8,000+ feet I got out of breath. Living at 25 feet above sea level, this was normal for both of us to stop and catch our breath, plus as much as we hate to it admit it, we are old!! I'm 74 and he's 75!! I am so grateful to have had my surgery!!!! BTW I love this thread and seeing things that people are doing!! Thanks for posting and sharing!!!

My oldest, closest Sister came to visit from Sarasota, Fl with her daughter who just got her masters in astrophysics.
We went to Queen with Adam Lambert and it was fabulous! My dear niece got 5th row seats, so when Adam and Brian May came to the front of the stage to do a song, it was like we were in our own living room with them. Such great songs and talented singer and instrumentalists.
It was a joy to be there with such an appreciative audience!
We also went to Beetle House and Barber of Seville, and finished the week eating a great meal at Duke’s in Malibu on a gorgeous day with lovely sunset, Mai tai’s and ocean right outside our table.
I had a rehearsal last night and I left them and cried on the way to playing music.
They left early this AM. I miss them already.

Just prior to my surgery my husband and I planned a trip to Oahu boat trips on sunset, which we did this July 2023. We also went out West in September. We visited Jackson, The Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Deadwood, the Medicine Wheel, Devils Tower, Crazy Horse Monument, Mt Rushmore, the Dinosaur National Park and toured Salt Lake City. When we got home, we discovered we had walked 76.5 miles in two weeks!! This is a trip I never could have made without having had my surgery. Even now, at some of the elevations of 8,000+ feet I got out of breath. Living at 25 feet above sea level, this was normal for both of us to stop and catch our breath, plus as much as we hate to it admit it, we are old!! I'm 74 and he's 75!! I am so grateful to have had my surgery!!!! BTW I love this thread and seeing things that people are doing!! Thanks for posting and sharing!!!
sounds like an incredible adventure,, Cruising the British Isles and exploring the West, hitting major landmarks and covering 76.5 miles in two weeks is impressive! Your resilience is inspiring...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back