what does an over 55 warfarin heart valve patient do on a sunday morning?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pell, the brakes i'm trying figure it out

Mechanical or hydraulic ? does the one lever modulate both wheels ?

Pell, the brakes i'm trying figure it out

Mechanical or hydraulic ? does the one lever modulate both wheels ?
Cable disc, rear wheel only.
Given the physics of these creatures I'd be wary of a front brake. One needs to transfer weight back and down if pivoting over the front is not the aim, in which case, the rear has enough mass and brakes well...
http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2019/10/scooters-are-not-motorcycles.html
I've contemplated adding braking by motor , but I'm usually not wanting to slow down that much :)

ahh i did wonder about motor braking too

A few of my mates have E mountain bikes, some motors have more drag than others

My mtbs are all hydraulic disc, with you being a motorbike rider too it's amazing how dragging the rear
or stabbing the front brake can set you up nicely for obstacles.

I used to race a 4 stroke single pot Honda XR 600 back in the day before i began racing mtb, the engine braking
on a single pot 4 stroke is something to behold 😀

I owned a 600cc KTM LC4 single too, ill try to search out a pic of young Leadville

A ruptured ACL brought the Motocross to an end, part of the rehab was cycling and i fell in love with Mountain bike racing

Last edited:

My mtbs are all hydraulic disc, with you being a motorbike rider too it's amazing how dragging the rear

I used to race a 4 stroke single pot Honda XR 600 back in the day before i began racing mtb, the engine braking
on a single pot 4 stroke is something to behold 😀

I owned a 600cc KTM LC4 single too, ill try to search out a pic of young Leadville

A ruptured ACL brought the Motocross to an end, part of the rehab was cycling and i fell in love with Mountain bike racing
Motorcross was my passion for 15yrs to Leadville, I raced the British GP series for many years and took a fair few knocks and broken legs along the way 😊Suzuki rm 250cc 2 stroke was my favourite bike I rode 👍

Hi

well as always the matter is where to dump that energy to. People go on about regen brakes, but the reality is that only so much can go there (batteries are not able to be recharged as fast as they can be discharged. The problem with my scoot is that only having a single disc on the rear substantial steep descents can over heat those brakes to the point of fade.

indeed ... and make a lot of clatter in some cases when ratcheting along too.

My mtbs are all hydraulic disc,

just in case you misunderstood my purpose in that above citation, it was just to clarify that cable pulled mechanical caliper are quite adequate stoppers and that maintenance is simplified in some ways.

with you being a motorbike rider too it's amazing how dragging the rear

agreed, although I've not ridden dirt bikes since my early twenties, where I swung over to road bikes. I never owned a dirt bike bigger than 125 and this 80cc was my first proper dirt bike (lets ignore the farm bikes)

I used to race a 4 stroke single pot Honda XR 600 back in the day before i began racing mtb, the engine braking on a single pot 4 stroke is something to behold 😀

agreed ... I had a Yamaha SRX-6 for a while (love it) and its a kick only 600cc single.

...ill try to search out a pic of young Leadville

nice mono mate

interesting that the ACL isn't needed as much on MTB ...

To clafiry why the CoG (sorry nobog) is important and how significant body language is on a scooter, this shot flogged from the promo blurb of my scoot depicts a typical city narcissist scooting around (false impressioned) empty streets. Should said twat hit the anchors due to the realities of cities (oh, at say 20kmh) it would pivot around the wheel smartly faceplanting him.

or simply let go and slide in the direction of the green arrow (if he was lucky) dumping him unceremoniously at the door of the car he was avoiding or maybe just under that London Bus.

In contrast this downhill guy's center of mass (points?) is much further back in relation to the contact patch and he has much greater capacity to apply weight on the bars (instead of a long stick) as well as having his feet secured as identified in boxes (interesting chain btw). He's draging the rear for added stability and probably modulating the front to maintain grip for steering around obstacles (like aforesaid bus)

I'd like to know how much that bike cost ...

When I was 15, I won a Yamaha Trail 80. 80cc, trail gearing.

I converted it to a street sprocket and used that thing for years - to school and back, around the neighborhood. I rode it so much that I didn't practice enough to get a driver's license so I can drive a car.

I got a lot of use out of that little bike. Nothing fancy - mostly just running around.

Latest posts

Back