What a GREAT forum!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Angelhnter

I came on today and found a *new* forum. Yay! I am elated to have my very own forum for the "significant other". I have been nurse Aimee for six days now and we are finally home after Kevin's mitral valve repair. He is doing good. He gets stronger each and every day. It's amazing to watch the improvement unfold. It's been a rough road, but I am so glad we are over the hump and recovering AT HOME! Yay! :)

Talk to you all real soon!
Hugs!!!!

Welcome Home

Welcome Home

Aimee,

So glad to hear of Kevin's recovery. He is in the best of care, especially because of you.

My mechanical valves didn't get no sequins! What the heck are they?

Hang in there and we'll be seeing Kevin on the golf course or back at the club soon! We sure hope you guys can make it to Las Vegas next year?

Always,

PerryA

Hey Aimee........Another Golfer?

Hey Aimee........Another Golfer?

So David is a golfer? Please wish him my best regarding his surgery and for a quick recovery.

Now to the important stuff.............Tell David, that I will hold a spot for him for golf next year at Los Vegas, so have him bring his clubs.

We have to come up with a name for next year's golf at Los Vegas.

Any suggestions? Anyone?

Aimee I remember being exactly where you are. It is hard to see your sweetheart in pain, but such a relief to be on the other side.

I can also remember feeling that after all the flurry of activity that surrounded us prior and during surgery, suddenly we were on the other side and complety on our own. Made my head spin a bit.

Anyway I am glad you are both doing well. It seems that each person goes through similar but individual phases after surgery ( as with anything I guess) some breeze through happy to be alive and some are thrown into depression as they grapple with the fact that this incredible thing actually happened to them. and some go through both or more. feel free to ask anything here. this forum is for the "other" valve replacement patient. We, as a collective group have had many different experiences and emotions and need a place to disscuss them.

Having to face the possibility of life without the one you love just plain sucks, and doing that while trying to be supportive of the person who is facing such an event personally can take its tole.

I can remember getting mad at Hank because he went through a time where he resented being "bionic" I just wanted to scream at him. " Who cares you big stupid idiot, you are alive, be happy!!! "( not ecactly on the top ten list of things to say to a person who has suffered such a trama;) ) But my point is this. It was ok for Hank to feel that way and it was ok for it to make me mad. It is a process, this life altering stuff and we are human and knowledge is power and relationships can endure.

and this is the perfect forum to realize you are not alone and we can help eachother through it!

That said I shall step off the box now.

Have a good one!!

Michelle

Hello Aimee

Hello Aimee

Great to her your better half (well you know the real truth) is doing better each day.
I am making my wife, Cindy, aware of this forum so Don't blame me Cristi or Kay or...........

Bob....VR Open

Watch out I am going to practice this year.
No house no problem.lol

Ben

Aimee, glad you both are doing well. As Michelle said, this is a process, healing inside and out. Being 1 1/2 years out, my best advise is like Michelles (she is a wise one). Give yourself permission to take time for yourself and to have your own ups and downs. Take quite moments when you need them. And, even though it may be hard to see right now, remember the way YOU feel is equally important. And if he doesn't behave, just take away his clubs! lol
Take care
Cristi (wife of Robthatsme)

CristiD - You are WAY out of line!!

CristiD - You are WAY out of line!!

I will not in any way allow the mention of taking away a mans golf clubs.

That is an unthinkable thing to ponder.

Such ideas must be quashed immediately!!

:D

You guys are so funny!

You guys are so funny!

It's not only the golf clubs I will HAVE to hide, it's the Deer Rifle and Bow! Eeeeeks! He swears he'll be out there hunting at Thanksgiving! NOPE! I will tackle him in full camo and drag his hairy rear end back to the camp! I can do it! (maybe??!?).

Love ya'll,
Aimee

Latest posts

Back