Weird things happening

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DachsieMom

my surgery was over 3 years ago. St Jude aortic valve conduit (graft). The past few weeks, my heart has been skipping a bit (I am not on metaprolol - allergic). It hasn’t done that since right after surgery I think. I haven’t felt well the past few days but I have been very stressed, not sleeping well and having too much caffeine with little water. My heart has been feeling like it is in a fist (probably from stress). I have my semi-annual cardio appt on Friday so planned to talk with him then.

I finally took my blood pressure tonight. Initially it was 135/70 but 30 minutes later it was 160/75. The machine also detected irregular heartbeats, which I felt as well. Of course the high pressure freaked me out. I am normally 110/60 or so. I drank a little water and have been urinatong every five minutes. It went down to 147/70 but is pounding and still skipping. I will call my cardio in the morning but just curious if anyone else has felt this before? Thanks.

possibility of a pericardial effusion developing?

I'd consult your Dr on Monday (which is today in Australia :)

My father who is also a valver ended up in hospital last year due to high potassium levels, cause- not drinking enough fluids.
Not saying thats your issue but hydration certainly can play a role in heart rythm

Reactions: Eva
I did call the doctor. He was out but I spoke with the nurse. She felt I could wait until my appointment on Friday, although requested I call if it happened again. My blood pressure was better this morning. Thanks everyone! I will let you know what the dr says on Friday.

Thanks, everyone. I had my semi-annual cardio appt. he wasn't overly concerned with the skipped beats and high blood pressure (unless it continues). Said skipped beats aren't that problematic. I was worried about blood pooling and causing a stroke but he said being in warfarin greatly reduces that risk. At my appointment my blood pressure was 100/70, which is my usual. EKG was normal. I am trying to drink more water.

Latest posts

Back