We have all lost a pet -

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ann:

Thanks for posting that.

I have a co-worker who has a cat and a pet chicken. She lives in an apartment. The chicken's name is "Chickee." It's a Cold War between the cat and Chickee.
When she lost her previous cat, "Tux," she was so upset that she took several days off to recover. Not long after that, she lost her rabbit, "Bunny."

Thank you Ann! I never saw that before either! It brought tears to my eyes! I really miss my cat KC who I had to put down about 3 1/2 years ago at 15 years. My other cat Cleo is 17 and I know it's just a matter of time before she goes! Our bound is so close, I swore she came and visited me in my hotel room when I was on vacation. Maybe it's just because I felt guilty leaving her for a few days, when I know she won't be around too many more years. I can really relate to Stewarts poem, because I would feel my other cat jump on the bed, long after she passed away. The poem touched my heart. Thank you again!

A touching tribute that we can all relate to. My wife agreed to listen to Jimmy's poem and near the end she said "I was afraid it was going to end like that." It always does end like that, but what sweet memories we're left with.

I lost my beloved dog Buffy on Wednesday, we were blessed with her for 15 years. The last 2 days have been the hardest ever. I didn't even cry this much before my surgery. I know time will heal, thanks for posting the poem.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Buffy. We know how much you loved her by your 'name'. It's just so hard to lose our wonderful pet family members. They have become part of us, aren't they. My sympathies to you.

I lost my beloved dog Buffy on Wednesday, we were blessed with her for 15 years. The last 2 days have been the hardest ever. I didn't even cry this much before my surgery. I know time will heal, thanks for posting the poem.

I'm also very sorry for your loss!

I've always hoped that when we die, we will not only be reunited with our human loved ones but also with our beloved furry ones! It's a comforting thought anyway...

Thank you so much Ann! That was a very moving poem, read by one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES! It brought tears to my eyes. Having lost precious pets in the past, I know the feelings all too well. I think just a little bit of ourselves perhaps, goes with them.

Yes, Kathy, I have lost a bunch of pieces of my heart to these dear little ones. When I moved here 4 months ago I had to give up my beloved cats. My Dallas sister took them to live with her other 11 cats! It took one of them longer to adjust because she missed me so much but Nan often sends pictures of them to me. I have had a cat all of my live and really miss them now. I have Miss Sally Sue with me and she is a comfort but getting really old.

Ann, this made me cry! What a wonderful tribute to a furry friend. I too miss every one of my furry friends that have passed. I always get another one but they are never the same. They do help feel a void that a lost one has made. It's amazing now their personalities differ, just like people. I too hope every one of them are waiting for me when I cross over to heaven, that they will run to greet me. T

Thanks for that! What a heartfelt poem about a beloved dog. Just when I think I'm getting over losing my Gracie, I watch this wonderful clip and tears flow freely. I loved Jimmy Stewart movies. I recently saw Harvey again and it made me laugh and forget my loss.
I recently got in touch with the breeder of my departed dog's sire. Our new pup may be percolating now, but we won't know for a few weeks if the girl dog(bitch) is pregnant. I am finding myself looking forward to getting a new puppy. Maybe a male this time, and hopefully a tan instead of black.
Then I hope we won't compare them too much!

Latest posts

Back