Watchman Procedure

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

cp172

I will be discussing the possibility of having the Watchman procedure in January with my cardiologist. This would allow me to get off blood thinners. Anyone else had this procedure?

Thanks,

Mickey

dick0236

Eat the elephant one bite at a time
Supporting Member
I will be discussing the possibility of having the Watchman procedure in January with my cardiologist. This would allow me to get off blood thinners. Anyone else had this procedure?

Thanks,

Mickey
Interesting. I've seen the ads on TV about Watchman and the old man running on the deck with the nails sticking out of it. My own thought is that product is not for valve patients.....but it would be interesting to see what an MD thinks. Come back and tell us what he/she says.

Incidentally, your bio says you've had valve repair. Do you still have to be on anti-coagulants? Try warfarin. It's a lot cheaper and easy to work with.

Last edited:

cp172

Guys,

Thanks for the info. I had a mitral valve replacement in 2020 (porcine) and am on Eliquis ( which is more expensive). My cardiologist strongly recommended I move from coumadin to Eliquis in early 2022. He did not mention any restrictions with regard to Watchman. I will let you know what he says.

Thanks,

Mickey