Warning - This is gross

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Pellicle. Isn't it fun getting old?
my wife used to say getting old is a privilege ... she died some years back at less than 40, and well, everything comes at a cost ... so you decide. Myself I'm in two minds on the subject, but while I'm here I'm not skimping on having fun, enjoying food and drink, not doing what I'm told if I don't want to and doing my best to remain as healthy as I can because I don't like what I've seen when I worked in the "retirement industry" around assisting the elderly.

As the Ulysses group moto goes "Grow Old Disgracefully"

Last edited:
I've always been amazed by others celebrating an old couple's '50th', 60th, and later wedding anniversaries. It only means that they were able to get old enough to reach that milestone (not that their marriages were any better than others where one in the couple didn't live long enough for that magic moment); and that they were able to stand each other long enough to reach that point in their lives.

'Having fun, enjoying food and drink'...this sounds good. I envy you.

I remember a line from the movie 'City Slickers.' "Growing old means you lose hair where you want it, and grow hair where you don't." This was probably written by a person who started to get old.

(What does this have to do with bruises and warfarin? Threads can go a lot of different directions).

Back