WARFARIN MEDICATED Medical Alert Wristband

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DougWyndham

I recently purchased a Warfarin alert wristband. I hadn't thought of it before but I suppose in event of an accident and being unconscious its a good idea! Perfectly comfortable to wear also. Unfortunately I cant upload images on this site

Hi Doug

you may not be able to upload here (although your avatar suggests you may) but you can use a site like flickr and then post a that here using the image icon in the "advanced" posting tools:

Eg this is a shot I took in my mates shed while I was travelling of "different places you can test your INR" ... the liberation of self testing

36968825535_0a2b4faebe_b.jpg

That is similar to what my hospital uses for my blood check every time. Nice and timely. Never have to wait for someone to call me for the dosage, they do it right there with me in the room. LOL!

DougWyndham;n884912 said:
I recently purchased a Warfarin alert wristband. I hadn't thought of it before but I suppose in event of an accident and being unconscious its a good idea! Perfectly comfortable to wear also. Unfortunately I cant upload images on this site

We had a discussion about this a few years ago. Some wear them and some do not. I was going to buy one, but didn't like the choices I found. One guy who was an EMT said that for those with mechanical valves, as soon as he opens your shirt, he sees the scars and knows the patient has had OHS. As soon as he listens to your heart (one of first things they do) and hears that ticking valve, they know you are on anticoagulation drugs.

tom in MO;n884949 said:
As soon as he listens to your heart (one of first things they do) and hears that ticking valve, they know you are on anticoagulation drugs.

unless the heart is stopped when you're admitted (in which case you have bigger problems) ;-)

Latest posts

Back