Warfarin is very tweaky

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May I ask what your weekly diets look like in terms of those foods with impactful VitK amounts? (broccoli, spinach, asparagus, salads, etc)?

As a follow up to my previous answer, in which I explained what I normally eat in a day, a diet rich in vitamin K.
Today I had two Mediterranean salads. For dinner, my family took me out for my birthday. I had a rib eye steak. It comes with mashed potatoes and long stem broccoli. I try to minimize my consumption of high carb foods, so I asked if they could hold the potatoes and double the broccoli serving, which they did gladly.
It was amazing!

dinner.jpg

First things first:

happy birdthday

next

Today I had two Mediterranean salads. ...and long stem broccoli. I try to minimize my consumption of high carb foods, so I asked if they could hold the potatoes and double the broccoli serving, which they did gladly.

I spy a beer in that too ;-)

Indeed you did. Which means that I am either dead right now or will soon be, as we all know that, according to many medical professionals, drinking alcohol while on warfarin is fatal :ROFLMAO:
of course ... its well established in the *literature.

(*the fiction / horror section)

I too eat a heavy vitamin K diet. Asparagus, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, and Spinach at least 5 days out of the week if not 7. I am currently on 16 mg/day warfarin and that is keeping me in the 2.9-3.1 range. I try not to worry about what I eat as long as I feel I am eating healthy. I've went through enough and want to enjoy life and I very much so enjoy eating and absolutely love my vitamin K rich foods! BTW.....I too still drink beer and it hasn't killed me yet. I didn't test in Jamaica and after a week of cocktails and red stripe my INR had climbed up but other than that it has been pretty consistent.

A REALLY interesting discussion, and thanks once again Pellicle for being so (thankfully) anally retentive in your detail obsession! When I first started using Warfarin, the warfarin nurse (yes, the hospital had a dedicated one..) gave me the full official briefing. But in the end she just said, that look - just don't overdo it with the Vitr K, otherwise it is all fine. The article/study you posted, Pellicle, was VERY interesting and helpful. Being a lover of Sprouts and Asparagus (I live in Asparagus country) this is great news!

Happy Birthday Chuck!

That steak and beer look amazing :) I can't wait to post a picture like this after my Bentall operation is done and I'm recovered :D

PS The beer looks like an IPA or hazy IPA?

You know when we talk of Vitamin K rich foods...salads, asparagus, sprouts and broccoli are light to middle weights. You can eat those as many times as part of your meal regularly. I am waiting for someone to say I ate 2 bowls of asparagus.
Green leafy veggies is where it is at. A serving is always great but...
Anything that is not drastic and you are consistent and you will be good. Catch the holy spirit and swear off everything but green veggies and we have a problem.

It's like folks who drink regularly and hear a kid died of alcohol poisoning and you go whaaaat?

I am waiting for someone to say I ate 2 bowls of asparagus
Apparently there is some other green thing I've never heard of that is popular in Texas IIRC

like folks who drink regularly and hear a kid died of alcohol poisoning

Usually that's biofuel around here...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06...on-contents-lethal-grappa-court-hears/7495936
Detective Acting Sergeant Jason Hoff asked Joshua if he consumed anything else on the property aside from the grappa.

"Not that I know of," he replied, adding the four had smoked marijuana from a billy.

Latest posts

Back