Warfarin Home Monitoring Companies accepting Ambetter or Kaiser in USA

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vivekd

Hi,

I'm trying to get list of all warfarin home monitoring companies. I have been enrolled with 'Alere Home Monitoring' via Blue Cross Blue Shield. However, in 2018 we only have 2 HMO options on marketplace exchange (Kaiser and Ambetter)

Alere does not take either of those insurance. Ambetter marketplace team did not know the home monitoring services they accept.

Does anybody have Ambetter or Kaiser health insurance?

Also, is there a way to buy warfarin without prescripton or get a prescription with my Primary Care Physician.

HMO Plans may expect me to schedule an appointment with my Primary Care Physician and then get a referral for cardiologist, before i get my warfarin prescription, causing possible interruption with warfarin therapy.

Thanks for the help.
--- Vivek

Call Roche Diagnostic Services, 800-780-0675. I have used these folks for 4-5 years and they are VERY good.......far, far, far better than Alere. They can answer your questions about coverage network.

I have Kaiser and do home monitoring. I take my INR and call a Kaiser 1 800 number to report my results. When you call the hotline ask if you need more testing strips. If you do they send you some. I call my local regions AMS (anticoagulation management service) if I need more lancets. Pretty easy really. The manufacturer of my machine (Coaguchek) doesn't get involved at all. If you decide to get Kaiser, call your region's AMS and they will get you set up.

I prefer to signup with Ambetter, since that way I would be able to stay with my current cardiologist. They were not able to tell which PT/INR home monitoring company is in their network.Ambetter provider search says that they don't support 'Roche Diagnostic Services'. I plan to call both Ambetter and Roche and try to confirm if they're in the network.

It's good to know that I can go back to Kaiser and have AMS take care of my warfarin therapy..

Latest posts

Back