Warfarin bruising

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinsley99

Hi guys

I’ve been on warfarin since October last year and I’ve got a bruise that’s pretty big what’s the best action to take and how long do they last? The pictures are each day I’ve had it

Attachments

• 8C731D92-FC44-4ADC-A2F0-A83E9A95EB21.jpeg
    8C731D92-FC44-4ADC-A2F0-A83E9A95EB21.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 302
  • DC28FBBE-0585-4958-AB13-093FCB4B2CE3.jpeg
    DC28FBBE-0585-4958-AB13-093FCB4B2CE3.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 307
  • 24115DF6-7C23-40D5-8609-26332E39DC47.jpeg
    24115DF6-7C23-40D5-8609-26332E39DC47.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 285
  • 1224C1A0-21D9-4D04-A718-3310DD23CE49.jpeg
    1224C1A0-21D9-4D04-A718-3310DD23CE49.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 294
  • FB04CC3D-B3AC-4F24-A25E-F0F62C7F62EB.jpeg
    FB04CC3D-B3AC-4F24-A25E-F0F62C7F62EB.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 342
Same here. I tripped when holding my dog one day and my arms and legs turned some lovely colors. It took about two weeks or so to heal.

Yep same bruise in roughly the same place, I slipped in the shower, got a nonslip shower mat now, looks worse than it is and it went away on its own accord
Lasted a few weeks from what I remember

Yes it happens, "For me" what works to clear it is get TIGER BALM at Walgreens or any other place like it, apply it and rub it for few minutes till it gets warm, that will shrink it in hours and vanish it in a couple of days, you can do it 2/3 times a day, I always used it for sports related ones before the warfarin, same effect; give it a try, TIGER BALM

Attachments

• Selection_007.png
    Selection_007.png
    102 KB · Views: 270
Ooh! That’s a beauty! I dropped a big piece of furniture on my foot once. That turned all sorts of pretty colors and plumped right up. Nothing broken except the skin and I retained a couple permanent scars from it. I saved pictures.

I have had quite a few of the unexplainable sort. It’s fun trying to think back and guess where they come from. I had two mirrored bruises on my inner thighs (one on each leg) show up after a recent vacation. Took some thinking, but we’re pretty sure it was a knot on a rope swing that we were enjoying along side a river. Hang on with your arms and legs and splash down as far out as you can swing! Took a week for the bruises to finally appear. There was no pain while enjoying the swing and I was in range on my INR.

Looks like a fairly typical bruise to me and I wouldn't be concerned about it.........I've had a lot worse. It'll take a little longer to fade away than what you have been used to.......but not a lot longer;)

The thing is I don’t remember hitting it on anything at all but my doctor seems to think I have done it to myself and wouldn’t listen when I said I have no memory or banging it on anything

The thing is I don’t remember hitting it on anything at all but my doctor seems to think I have done it to myself and wouldn’t listen when I said I have no memory or banging it on anything

I have found any simple prolonged pressure can lead to that. Doesn’t necessarily have to be high impact. Do you sit on your leg with your thigh on your ankle or heel for a long period? Have a chair that puts pressure in that area? Could be anything.

I sometimes get bruises w/o knowing why, but I'm 62 :) One thing though, keep your INR in range. The higher your INR, the bigger the bruise.

Hi guys

I’ve been on warfarin since October last year and I’ve got a bruise that’s pretty big what’s the best action to take and how long do they last? The pictures are each day I’ve had it
I have bruises for years on warfarin. Just do not adjust dose like Tom in MO suggests. I have had small bruises and average size bruises. I rarely get a huge bruise. My mother took coated aspirins and she bruised easily. Bruising is part of the course of warfarin. We just have to monitor the bruise for any unusual changes.

I never remember my bumping or pinching to get a bruise, so just keep an eye on it. You will be fine.

it doesn't matter what the doctors think (and err was this related to your drinking evening?) Oh ... did you get your agent to resched the shoot or you doing post processing on the images?

Latest posts

Back