Warfarin app

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hm.. I don’t get it.
me either, but the poster of that sheet isn't on warfarin yet nor managing it.

Who can afford to test every day?

when I have a specific research question I test every second day

Is that for use by weekly testers?

dunno, I test weekly and my sheet looks a bit similar (dates excluded)

Don’t warfarin levels vary by so many factors that the last two weeks of data would be almost meaningless?...

no the historical data is never useless ... its like memory, if you can't remember yesterday you can't predict much about tomorrow.

also the levels of warfarin is one thing but the INR is another. We don't have ready access to warfarin levels (no standard clinic blood test for that exists) we only have access to INR and its all that matters.

I gather you didn't read my posts (or you have questions that you haven't asked)

No, why?
One does need to make tests regular though, it's mainly a logical thing related to statistics and distributions. 52 daily readings aren't the same as 52 weekly ones for a variety of reasons.
Hello. My point was that a "3 Day Moving average" is meaningless unless you are testing every day. If you test weekly (recommended) you won't have new data points for those days. May as well then do 3 week moving average.

My point was that a "3 Day Moving average" is meaningless unless you are testing every day
well not too my reading of things ... 3 period (I think it said per) moving average tells you the average over the last 3 periods of measurement ... it shows trends with less (visual) noise.

Myself I have a history in data analysis and so perhaps that helps me

Hello. My point was that a "3 Day Moving average" is meaningless unless you are testing every day. If you test weekly (recommended) you won't have new data points for those days. May as well then do 3 week moving average.
Well the "3 day moving average" is most based off the data that you enter into the spread sheet.
So if you test 2 times per week it works off that. It you test every week or 1 per month.. it will go with your testing pattern.. what i gather is to be consistent. (It also has a "smoothing" if you do miss a week or so of data)

And yes, @pellicle Is right. I am not currently checking my INR as i am not on warfarin. I made this excel in anticipation to my surgery.

It would not be the first time i develop a tool such as this as I have experience with managing people with chronic conditions and having processes in place to record this data.

There is alot of value of having past information otherwise what are you measuring against. You need to have past results to help predict future results so even if the previous years are not "relevant" it is very helpful to have..

I also like the "My INR" app which is user friendly with also options to export data to excel.

for the record I advise weekly testing, make it a habit to do it on the same day. Benefits include
  • less likely to forget
  • weekly is entirely sufficient to see dose adjustments stabilize
  • weekly is sufficient to catch and observe (and thus learn behaviour of) any high events and then feed that in to what to do
  • have better quality data from which to make analysis
a day either side will make no difference

Its maths outside this set of rules but for the interested you need to sample at a rate sufficient to more than catch the highest frequency change, this is called variously different names depending where you live Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem - Wikipedia

its a century old now and forms the basis for how CD can digitise music which was previously fully analogue.

I've been using myINR too since July after my valve replacement. Works great but I can no longer export the file to upload when I go to the doc. I've written the company several times and no response. Currently looking to find another where I can export. I suck at Excell.

I use my mobile phone for daily reminder of the pill and a worksheet in the cloud that I have all the data, I do not find the reason what an application could offer more.

Attachments

• Στιγμιότυπο 2021-03-23, 8.56.22 μμ.png
    Στιγμιότυπο 2021-03-23, 8.56.22 μμ.png
    460.6 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: Amy

Latest posts

Back